The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Waiting is not in the best interest of the club. Petey's a free agent after next season, isn't he? 

Pending RFA who could accept a one year qualifying offer and walk. 

It'd be in his best interest to wait if he believes he can sustain his current pace or improve upon it, it'd likely result in a larger payday. 

One thing this deal kinda solidifies for me is that this management group makes good deals the biggest priority

All their signings have been at or under market value, i would say they havent knowingly overpaid for a player just to "get their guy".

This bodes very well for us.

No more 6 million for myers type deals. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I doubt they try to nickel and dime him. I think they get this "build" centres around him.

I'd imagine they like start around $9.5 and settles somewhere around $10.

I see 10M as more as the starting point imo. I reckon he's more 10.5-11M. Possibly more if he waits to extend, continues to put up the numbers he is, and then begins negotiating. 

Cap is set to jump quite significantly and it's always the guys at the top who grab more of the pie. Why wouldn't he want some of that pie?

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Pending RFA who could accept a one year qualifying offer and walk. 

It'd be in his best interest to wait if he believes he can sustain his current pace or improve upon it, it'd likely result in a larger payday. 

I think management will push to get him signed this off-season. 

24 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It’s not a bad look to you or me but I don’t think any UFA is going to think “I hope the team I just signed with maximizes my value by trading me to a team that  I already chose not to sign with.”  That was said by Jason Bukala (former Head of Scouting for Florida Panthers) on 650 a couple weeks ago. In any case I’m not saying it can’t be done, just that it should be part of the decision.

Well then I think Jason Bukala is wrong in this scenario.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I think management will push to get him signed this off-season. 

I do expect they will try to, yes 

I'm just not expecting a significant discount, particularly with the cap set to jump soon 

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, Coconuts said:

I do expect they will try to, yes 

after a tumultous season this has been, signing Petey to a long term deal (max 8 years) would be a sign of some sort of stability moving forward. The franchise needs it more than Petey does. 

4 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

One thing this deal kinda solidifies for me is that this management group makes good deals the biggest priority

All their signings have been at or under market value, i would say they havent knowingly overpaid for a player just to "get their guy".

This bodes very well for us.

No more 6 million for myers type deals. 

Didn't this management group re-sign Brock Boeser?

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You are arguing with me, and read what I wrote clearly. 

Mid season, with a bunch of injuries, teams may currently be playing with 7D due to a lack of viable bodies and/or cap. But that's not how most teams build season starting rosters. They run 13f and 8D overwhelmingly, unless they can't.

well thats just silly of course they can always run 13f and 8d if they can run 14f and 7 d. teams have many replacement level players signed at the league minimum. i bet you cant even come up with a good reason why one way is more optimal than the other strategically.

I can give a good reason to run 14forwards though... forwards are more likely to be injured because of the ratio of 2:1 12 forwards and 6 dman... turns out having 14 forwards and 7 dman keeps that ratio, perfectly intact.

the only real reason i can think of is that you would want it the other ways is becuase the 8dman is much more likely to play before the 15th forward. so in turn the beginning of the season is the only time they get the chance to get them time practicing with the big club. but after the first forward injury you can no longer afford that mentoring and the inevitable true perfect ratio of 14f and 7 dman is restored.

Edited by Bad_BOI_pete

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

after a tumultous season this has been, signing Petey to a long term deal (max 8 years) would be a sign of some sort of stability moving forward. The franchise needs it more than Petey does. 

I do think it'll get done sooner or later, I just don't expect those who cry about how players should take discounts being thrilled when he doesn't take a significant discount 

Nothing wrong with players getting full value, it's a business 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not sure why you would risk pissing our best player off by saying this. 

If he's asking for 9.5M, give it to him. He's on pace for 100 points this year on a bad team. Could you imagine what he'd be producing if he had a good team around him? 

Do you think he can go head to head with the top lines in this league? 

At 9.5 that's what he has to / should be doing. 

I'm going to chalk up yesterday to unfamiliar coach and new system but that line got absolutely destroyed yesterday

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's an absolute Travesty-Green that anyone could find any reason to whine about AK's signing. Shout-out to the guy & his fam for speedily agreeing, sans the possible diva/superstar-melodrama, which too often accompanies immediate success.

A hypersonic Kuz-missile makes all the difference in the world! Love this kid.

Boeser for Provorov

Bring back Tram, & Podz up, next Oct

Like Scotty Bowman's approach, with our own Russian-5!

Nope

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 3