The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Whenever they pan to the crowd it amazes me after how bad this team is how so many fans get excited about a win against the jackets. I really think it drives Aquilini to stay with the status quo. Why would he change, most of those fans accept a mediocre team.

Because most fans ( my self included) aren't going to games for WINS we are for dates, business meetings, cheap tickets or just to hang out and yell loudly. It's entertaining and fun thing to do in a boring city, the arena will sell out nightly regardless of wins or losses so you are right Aqua has 0 need to change and that's why he isn't blowing up the team. I think those who are obsessed with wins will move on and those who are okay with just watching for fun will continue to pay and attend games. 

Edited by CanuckRookieFan

2 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Because it shows the fans haven't accepted the change nor does it represent the necessary mental comfort Tocchet needs right now to steer the ship..he needs unconditional support NOT taunting or ghosts of the past being thrown in his face 

Unconditional support? When does that happen in a fanbase? Last time I checked this isn’t a dictatorship.

I see it more as an FU to management and ownership for how they’ve handled everything.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Bruce shedding a tear wherever he is.

Interesting how the fan base has conveniently forgotten that Boudreau was hired in exactly the same manner last season that Tocchet was last week. Not that I miss Green, but, where was the outpouring of emotion in his favour whilst the organisation let him twist in the wind whilst Boudreau lurked in the shadows? Both coaching changes were warranted. The difference is Boudreau was never going to be the long-term solution, whereas, that’s the expectation with his predecessor and successor. 

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Most fiber lines are not run on private land . I work in civil construction, people lose trees and planters and retaining walls and parts of their driveway all the time but the reality is that it's not actually their property. Most property lines are 2 to 3 meters from the curb.

Well they dug up my front and left a massive sink hole in front of my cedars.This winter they started to topple over.Was fine before they disturbed the ground.

Miller playing a more sound game tonight albeit against bad competition. Hopefully Tocchet can get through to him and force him to play a more simple game with and without the puck. There’s a lot there to like with JT, it’s just his tendency to try and be a player he isn’t that hurts himself and the team. 

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

If only we weren’t too old and frail to figure out our TVs… :rolleyes:

WAT? I've gotta turn up my hearin' aide because I can't hear what you just said.

(At least we've got cap locks figured out)

• Haha 3