The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you trust Rutherford?

Rate this topic

DeepThoughts

10 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

George W was a terrible president but seems like a cool guy in retirement. Heck probably better president than the last 2. 

W could sure throw a fastball.  Best pregame pitch I’ve seen!

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/barack-obama-george-w-bush-first-pitch-comparison

Edited by Alflives

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I trust that ownership will realize their mistake and replace this waste of oxygen with a professional soon.

Welcome back King!  And here I thought you didn’t care about our team anymore and were only a Krackhead 

l

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Welcome back King!  And here I thought you didn’t care about our team anymore and were only a Krackhead 

l

I'll support the Canucks again once Rutherford is no longer allowed to disgrace the franchise with his misconduct.  The only priority the team should have is firing the scumbag in the president's office.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Then you are greatly mistaken. The owner is the problem. 

He's a problem, but I'm pretty sure he's not happy with the continued misconduct of Rutherford.  He's not going to like what this dirtbag has done to the financial viability of the team once it's time for season ticket renewals.

At this point, I haven't seen anything management has done to earn my trust.

It sounded like changes were going to happen with a lot of bold statements being thrown around before the summer and then we saw the usual not much happening. While this is likely partially due to the cap, that also tells me that management shouldn't be making such bold statements if this is the case. It's just new management making bold claims to make themselves sound favourable.

Simply put: actions are louder than words. We've seen words. We've barely seen action.

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's a problem, but I'm pretty sure he's not happy with the continued misconduct of Rutherford.  He's not going to like what this dirtbag has done to the financial viability of the team once it's time for season ticket renewals.

The King is back.  Wrong, but back.  

Aquilini is certainly happy with his puppet (JR).  The puppeteer has JR saying and doing as he wants.  “Protect me”! Says the puppeteer.  And some fans see JR as the problem. Nice to have you back on our boards King.  But you need to accept our owner controls what JR does.  Just like he did with Benning, and Gillis.  Nonis told the puppeteer to piss off, and got fired very quickly.  It took Gillis several years, but eventually he too told the owner to piss off - and he was fired.  Linden said the same.  Fired.  Benning was the perf3ct puppet.  JR looks like another perfect puppet.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He keeps screwing things up by sticking his fingers in the pie. 

Any owner who really wants to create a winning environment will, at the very least, attempt to hire the right personnel 

to guide their business to success. And obviously, that is true of any business venture. 

I've said it before, and again, it all starts at the top. 

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aquilini is certainly happy with his puppet (JR).  The puppeteer has JR saying and doing as he wants.  “Protect me”! Says the puppeteer.  And some fans see JR as the problem. Nice to have you back on our boards King.  But you need to accept our owner controls what JR does.  Just like he did with Benning, and Gillis.  Nonis told the puppeteer to piss off, and got fired very quickly.  It took Gillis several years, but eventually he too told the owner to piss off - and he was fired.  Linden said the same.  Fired.  Benning was the perf3ct puppet.  JR looks like another perfect puppet.  

What I really find ridiculous is that, JR is 73 years old? And should be in a position to retire comfortably. 

So, why subject yourself to such idiocy? 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

He keeps screwing things up by sticking his fingers in the pie. 

Any owner who really wants to create a winning environment will, at the very least, attempt to hire the right personnel 

to guide their business to success. And obviously, that is true of any business venture. 

I've said it before, and again, it all starts at the top. 

Yup.  Aquilini hires people he knows will follow his direction.  And if someone does step out of line and question his philosophy then he fires them.  JR is still here, so clearly he’s still a hand puppet. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

At this point, I haven't seen anything management has done to earn my trust.

It sounded like changes were going to happen with a lot of bold statements being thrown around before the summer and then we saw the usual not much happening. While this is likely partially due to the cap, that also tells me that management shouldn't be making such bold statements if this is the case. It's just new management making bold claims to make themselves sound favourable.

Simply put: actions are louder than words. We've seen words. We've barely seen action.

I hear ya I am cautiously pessimistic. But they do deserve full marks for landing Kuzmenko for free. That was a grand slam home run. The rest is pretty meh so far.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All of the previous management regimes have been able to conduct themselves appropriately.  Rutherford is the first to refuse to act like a professional.  Incompetence has been a trend, but the character issues and labour law violations are unique to JR and the rest of the baboons he brought in.