The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you trust Rutherford?

Rate this topic

DeepThoughts

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

I hear ya I am cautiously pessimistic. But they do deserve full marks for landing Kuzmenko for free. That was a grand slam home run. The rest is pretty meh so far.

Yeah, the problem is Kuzmenko feels like he's the only good to come out of what management's done. Maybe the fact that they got a pick back for Hamonic? However, if we have to stretch that much to find something else good... that's not good. lol

Just now, BarnBurner said:

What I really find ridiculous is that, JR is 73 years old? And should be in a position to retire comfortably. 

So, why subject yourself to such idiocy? 

JR loves being a key guy on an NHL team.  Look how often he speaks to the media!  It’s like a drug to him.  It’s intoxicating. He’s addicted.  He will sell his soul to be “the guy”.  And he’s selling right now.  He’s being the hand puppet of a foolish, meddling (in hockey ops) owner. It’s sad to see.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Aquilini hires people he knows will follow his direction.  And if someone does step out of line and question his philosophy then he fires them.  JR is still here, so clearly he’s still a hand puppet. 

Yeah, but it's insane. Why does Rutherford need to be here at his age? 

He must be one sadistic bastard, to say the least. A sucker for punishment? 

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, the problem is Kuzmenko feels like he's the only good to come out of what management's done. Maybe the fact that they got a pick back for Hamonic? However, if we have to stretch that much to find something else good... that's not good. lol

Getting a 3rd back for Hamonic was straight up witchcraft.

26 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I hear ya I am cautiously pessimistic. But they do deserve full marks for landing Kuzmenko for free. That was a grand slam home run. The rest is pretty meh so far.

I'm wondering whether they have an inside line to the KHL?   Maybe a couple of other older players are ready to come to North America to play in the NHL next season and want to play in Vancouver?  Especially since Kuzmenko was treated pretty well.

22 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Yes I do. We finally have Stanley cup pedigree in our front office.

Rome wasn't built in a day, be patient.

Rome wasn't built over 5 millennia either.

I think we're closer to being Pompeii....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Quick question: At what age does someone cease to be useful?

That's not the point. I can think of many other things I'd rather be doing at any age, let alone at 73, then 

subject myself to a pressure cooker, such as running the Canucks. 

And clearly, money shouldn't be a concern for him. 

no.. coz frankly JR is not the right guy for this organization.. he's not good at rebuildling.. he's good if you are retooling with a roster that's close.. he can retool a contender.. i don't trust him to retool a pretender.. he usually trade to add.. not trade for future.. i can't think of him making any good trades for futures in his history..

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Because he loves being part of the game?

Sure, I guess. But at 73, I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather be doing than subjecting

myself to the insanity of running a gong show. Especially, dealing with the owner we have. 

Yeah, Its highly likely that some of my trust issues have developed because of canucks management. I dont trust anybody these days. I trust results and actions. Ive seen none. But heard lots of words. Seems like gaslighting. Back and forth. Doesnt know what to do. No concrete plan. Ect...