The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Fun fact #2:

With BO gone, we probably have a good shot at a top 3 pick this year.  Which means we have a good shot at either Connor Bedard, Adam Fantilli, or Leo Carlsson.  If we get one of these centres in the draft I think we will probably be alright...

They'll pretty much be stuck in the 6-7 range.  I don't think there's enough suck in there to beat out CBJ, Ana, chi or AZ

Will never understand posters who always look at every single transaction as one singular event. Seem to have absolutely no comprehension of a multiple step method towards building something. A chain of events is what it is. Team got a really nice haul, addressed center depth, and some of you are crying over not getting a defensemen back? A defensemen now to save this season? What? 

We need defense, but we ALSO need center depth and to get younger. 

I am happy with the trades we've been making this year. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

In a couple of months Bo wasn't even a Canuck

They weren't about to pay him to keep the same group we have now that doesn't make the playoffs 

We got something for nothing because he was ONLY a rental

If Bo had another year on his contract the return would have been better

After so many horrible years i wanna see new players on this team, what we were getting was unacceptable

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I'm not familiar with next year's draft class. Is it projected to be deep? Risk/reward on both sides with that pick. Makes sense how they negotiated. Seems pretty neutral as an asset.

Well there is another local kid at the top of the draft next year whose dad used to work for the Canucks so a Bedard light up there. Not sure about the rest if the class though. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Well its an expiring contract 

For a middle 6 winger on a fair deal that skates hard, can kill penalties and score 20 in a low scoring system like the isles.

An A prospect and a middle round 1st round pick in what's considered a fantastic draft class.

And how many fantastic players come out of the middle of a first round?

Many.

Be positive. 

Points, 20 points........not goals

45 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

For reference

Jim Benning:  Ryan Kesler with a full NTC to a divisional rival (29 years old $5 million) for 1 season for Sbisa (23 years old $2.2 million) Bonino (24 years old $1.9 million) 1st (McCann) and a 3rd (Keegan Iverson)

vs

Jimpat Ruthervin:  Bo Horvat no NTC (28 years old pro rated $2.17 million) for Beauvelier (25 years old $4.15 million 1 year left) Raty (20 years old $.9 million) 1st round pick top 12 protected

What do the Canucks need?  What exactly did they get?  They got another Connor Garland with platforms in Beauvelier who is a UFA next year and could walk fr nothing and a ? in Raty which does not help their youth, doesn't get them an RHD or an RHC.

Sorry; this deal works in that assets went left and right but in no way does it actually help Vancouver.  It wreaks like a deal being made for the sake of making a deal and when weighed against each other Benning absolutely got the better return at THAT specific point in time.

How can that possibly be known given none of these guys have played a game with their new teams nor the pick being drafted? 

The Canucks are not deep in the prospect pool. They just got two (Raty and the future 1st rounder). 

I am going to wait and see before I start pitch forking any one. 

Could Bo go play for the Isles the rest of the year and then resign with Vancouver in the summer as a free agent?  Not sure why he would want to but it is possible?

Now, who are we going to seen step forward as Captain Canuck?  I vote Schenn but he is probably going to be packing soon as well.

Just now, Tyndall2 said:

Could Bo go play for the Isles the rest of the year and then resign with Vancouver in the summer as a free agent?  Not sure why he would want to but it is possible?

Now, who are we going to seen step forward as Captain Canuck?  I vote Schenn but he is probably going to be packing soon as well.

That's what I'm hoping

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Late to the party but pleasantly surprised with the return.

I was hoping for Kotka, Morrow and a 1st from CAR... maybe a Seeley/Nikishin if we retained or added/counter the risk of Kotka's term etc. This is pretty comparable and in fact, arguably better given the pick is likely mid teens, or possibly even higher if it goes to '24.

Also doesn''t come with the long term risk of Kotka's contract.

But CDC gonna panic :lol:

Solid point on the Carolina/contender type team vs Isles/mid league standings type team as a trade partner. Beauvillier could be a chip as well.

• Cheers 1