The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I know reading is tough for you, but I never called you a crybaby. I called your post a "crybaby post." Maybe ask an adult to read it to you next time.

Its clear you don't understand english or grammar bozo.... or the use of the possessive... even if you are not smart enough to use an '  ...now you call me a child...  ho hum... just an example of your ignorance.

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

If this is the best return for Bo, imagine what the offers were for Miller last season, although he had one more season before ufa. 

I don’t think Miller was getting us 3 major pieces then and i don’t think he will get us that now. Well, unlesssomeone gets desperate and overpays?

The rumored deal last year for Miller was Chytil, Lundkvist and a 1st.  So this deal is quite similar to that...

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think they're more likely to use it to move up in the draft if they don't get into the top 5

I dont think anyone is trading a top 5 pick.

IF we pick 1-8 we are drafting that pick and we have 13-18 we are taking that pick Im pretty confident. We need more prospects.

Hopefully will be a C and a D Man

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I do. 

He has a young family that integrated themselves into the Vancouver area. 

It’s not a ‘high’ pick. 

Horvat also is the highest goal scorer. Not to mention the team’s Captain, not to mention he’s been ‘here’ from the start. 

How can this organization do him so ‘dirty’?

It’s such a shit way of showing loyalty. 

What messages does it send to the rest of the team left behind? 

Would love to know what the other packages were. I bet Boston were dangling Lysell and a 1st - no thanks. Detroit surely had Rasmussen in there but I think Stevie Y is too smart to part with a mid round first in a deep draft so probably was going to give us a 2nd or other prospect.

Not sure what Seattle or Carolina have to offer but the late firsts aren't very tempting, although they all have better center prospects than Raty.

The first rounder must have been the deciding factor in this trade. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm aware it's been a tough year but his pedigree is higher and he's younger, I'd still put him over Raty. 

Which isn't so say Raty's a bad prospect, I'd say he's a B or B+. 

Agree to disagree.

And I actually though Lek played well when he got a chance in the wjhc........that was coaching, imo.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He’ll go UFA.    almost guarantee it..  once he gets the numbers coming back he’ll want to return here for 7m per.

We’ll off load cap where we can and see if he’s available.

haha

Boston

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe this move motivates the Devils and Rangers to make a move.

Could we play these teams against each other still?

Miller or Boeser to New Jersey??

I really dont think Miller is going anywhere.

Boeser though yes I think hes gone at deadline 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe this move motivates the Devils and Rangers to make a move.

Could we play these teams against each other still?

Miller or Boeser to New Jersey??

Miller to NJ and Boeser to PIT and Schenn to TO and Garland to CAR.

::D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So we didn’t even gain cap space. :picard:

This is why I was worried about him doing a deal with Lou. Guess JR didn’t teach him that well…

Seriously though, what would you do with more capspace right now? 

I've seen you complain all throughout this thread. 

What are you doing with the cap space, the 25% we are retaining, what are you doing with it? What are you going to accomplish with it if you were GM?

Retention is lifted at the end of this season. A season in which we are already eliminated. 

What gain is it to us? 

Say the Isles conditional draft pick sticks with Vancouver for 2023 and the Canucks finish right near the bottom and gain a top 3 to 5 pick. 

Does the team who ends up with the 1st overall in 2023 (say it’s not Vancouver) entertain offers? Or is drafting Bedard too good to pass up?

Vancouver could package their pick with the Isles pick, plus assets, and make a run at the 1st overall? What else would it take?

As a Canucks fan would you go all in for Bedard, or keep the 2 draft picks with it being a deep draft and build for the future??

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

I dont think anyone is trading a top 5 pick.

IF we pick 1-8 we are drafting that pick and we have 13-18 we are taking that pick Im pretty confident. We need more prospects.

Hopefully will be a C and a D Man

Hard to say.......depends where Van finishes, depends where NYI finish, depends on how teams feel about Michov

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The rumored deal last year for Miller was Chytil, Lundkvist and a 1st.  So this deal is quite similar to that...

Unreal we turned that down. Could have done this Bo deal and ended up with a real stack, sucked even harder this year and had a top-3 pick in this year's draft too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I do. 

He has a young family that integrated themselves into the Vancouver area. 

It’s not a ‘high’ pick. 

Horvat also is the highest goal scorer. Not to mention the team’s Captain, not to mention he’s been ‘here’ from the start. 

How can this organization do him so ‘dirty’?

It’s such a shit way of showing loyalty. 

What messages does it send to the rest of the team left behind? 

We won't agree. I think he wanted out. He's put in his time here and it's gotten him nothing and I think he wants to try with a new organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1