The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

43 minutes ago, UFCanuck said:

He's playing on a team with sergei shirokov. Shirokov never got a fair shake in his NHL attempt. 

Tree is using the NHL as KHL leverage, he's not coming here(His wife hated it here)

Can imagine they have discussed this once or twice.

Everyone is trying to get out of Russia.

They have created a War ,   And their currency is becoming worthless.

I don’t think the KHL will operate next season,  despite “reports” of it being a great year. 

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Pretty sure we’ ll be his first choice,   Just up to this management to sign him.

Dont forget ,  after his first season here he was offered 2m to stay,   But he didn’t appreciate the way he was treated by WD.

WD got fired .  He was a crap coach who protected lousy players he had a Junior history with. .   It wasn’t in Tryamkins contract to go to Utica..  it was written in for a reason.   
Desjardins pushed the issue with Benning by saying Tryamkin was out of shape.  Utter BS.

Im happy that this opportunity may be before us again, especially with a RuS coach , and 3-4 players from Rus on this team.

Tryamkin did not have anything like that available to him when he was here as a 21 year old coming from a totally different country.

A country you and I know is messed up.

Tryamkin can skate the way a horse runs on a track, he is mobile , a SHUT DOWN D man.

Many here forget his physical prowess against many of the biggest power forwards in this league .  He had there heads on swivels .

He possessed a 104 mph shot at an all star tournament 2 years ago.

He is not E Karlsson, Q Hughes or Bobby Orr..

But he is a bigger faster version of Didyck, Murrzin, Jovonowski, Rome ..  

Chara like ?  ..  yes..  but he won’t get to that level if he isn’t playing in it.

Oh and he hates to see his goalie get touched.

A one year contract working with Gonchar Foote and Tochett will bring out the best in this player , especially with a Russian contingency of players..

I’ve never seen 6’8 and 250 lbs move so quick in my life.….  And many in THIS thread have been watching him play while he has been away.  

Just out of curiosity, how do you know Tryamkin so well? Have you been following him in the KHL games? How do you even watch KHL games from Canada?

8 minutes ago, jyu said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you know Tryamkin so well? Have you been following him in the KHL games? How do you even watch KHL games from Canada?

I have ,  not many this season compared to others ,  but @Hairy Kneel might throw out the link that he’s been using lately. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

He would take so many penalties that our PK may get worse.

He’s actually utilized a lot as a PKr , and he is great at it.

I think he was leading us in hits in the 76 games season he had with us.

I like tram and I’d be happy if he resigned here. With all the Russian content here now he might be more enticed.
He’s a capable D man something we can’t have enough of. 

But I wouldn’t be upset if he signed else where especially if it’s a high dollar value contract he’s a 4-6 D man. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I have ,  not many this season compared to others ,  but @Hairy Kneel might throw out the link that he’s been using lately. 

There are sports apps that carry khl games. I haven't used them in a year or so. But I watched a fair amount of his games the 2 seasons prior. They really fell behind when their No1 goalie Kovar went down. But the team bounced back this year. Curtis Valk, Shirokov, Zhukenov are on the team with him this year. 

• Cheers 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, qwijibo said:

Or maybe he’s cool with coming back now that it doesn’t have to be to Vancouver 

What's wrong with Vancouver? He had problems with previous regime. It's new regime, new coach and new players on the team now and we have multiple Russians. He would actually fit Vancouver very well and would get ice time easily.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:54 PM, Timråfan said:

It seems his experiance of either Vancouver or the Canucks were really bad since he talks about NHL when the Canucks exlusivity is gone.

Was it so bad here?

No not the city but the regime sucked

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He didn’t like the city either. He said it was a drug city and everywhere you go it smelled like weed. 

Yeah right, I call BS in that. By that logic maybe he should live on Mars because all the cities in North America is more or less have drug problems, homelessness and their bad parts. Name me a city in US that's better than Vancouver in terms of crime. So many immigrants like to go to Canada and want to go to either Toronto or Vancouver. If it was complaint about Vancouver being rainy, it would be more believable but smell of urine and weed kind of smells like BS to me. I guess New York city, most famous city in the world smells like roses and perfume and doesn't have any junkies lol

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Desjardins pushed the issue with Benning by saying Tryamkin was out of shape.  Utter BS

Tryamkin was so incredibly out of shape he was always doubled over sucking wind. Don't get me wrong I liked him too and saw the potential there. But he was definitely not in NHL shape and didn't want to put in the work when everything was so much easier and more comfortable with similar pay back home. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Yeah right, I call BS in that. By that logic maybe he should live on Mars because all the cities in North America is more or less have drug problems, homelessness and their bad parts. Name me a city in US that's better than Vancouver in terms of crime. So many immigrants like to go to Canada and want to go to either Toronto or Vancouver. If it was complaint about Vancouver being rainy, it would be more believable but smell of urine and weed kind of smells like BS to me. I guess New York city, most famous city in the world smells like roses and perfume and doesn't have any junkies lol

You can take exception with his opinion if you like, but he said it.  Maybe he just doesn’t like Vancouver.  If you felt you were screwed around by the company you worked for  and you avd your wife didn’t really like the city woukd you consider going back just because a couple managers were replaced.   

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Tryamkin was so incredibly out of shape he was always doubled over sucking wind. Don't get me wrong I liked him too and saw the potential there. But he was definitely not in NHL shape and didn't want to put in the work when everything was so much easier and more comfortable with similar pay back home. 

That was at the end of a 10 game season with us..   I remember it well , I think it was a 2:30 min shift.

amazing how people dig into stuff and think a 21 year old in 2016 /17 IS the same person in 2023.

Ever been a kid growing up ?

Do you still get blamed and told your the same person you were 5 / 8 / 10 years ago.?

perhaps you do?

Desjardins was the issue, it was his charge to develop him at the NHL level,  on his first NHL  (one way) contract not dismantle and omit the kid.

Desjardins got fired ,   Nik left.

no biggy.

im sooo far past these childish issues people have for the man .   It’s pathetic.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1