The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

16 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

But what about his wifes "career"?

She went back to finish university and have their second child..   was no support here for them to do that.

Nice that we have a Russian contingent on our club now. 

• Like 1

Tryamkin is coming back, Miller is getting flipped at the draft for a 1st, top 4 RD and a prospect, Myers is getting traded after his bone-ass is paid, OeL is being bought out then his cap freed is going to be used in signing a better defensemen than him at around 3 mill. Boeser will be moved for a 1st with 1 Million retained... The list goes on. If these deals were on the table I think we wouldn't be sitting in cap strap hell again going into a great draft year with 1 first and 0 seconds. 

I think the most realistic is actually Tree beard coming back. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Tryamkin is coming back, Miller is getting flipped at the draft for a 1st, top 4 RD and a prospect, Myers is getting traded after his bone-ass is paid, OeL is being bought out then his cap freed is going to be used in signing a better defensemen than him at around 3 mill. Boeser will be moved for a 1st with 1 Million retained... The list goes on. If these deals were on the table I think we wouldn't be sitting in cap strap hell again going into a great draft year with 1 first and 0 seconds. 

I think the most realistic is actually Tree beard coming back. 

Only way I see us moving Miller is if we win Bedard. Probably flip the return for Miller to clear cap and/or add a similar aged piece. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Only way I see us moving Miller is if we win Bedard since Bedard probably gonna get paid more than Petey after elc. Probably flip the return for Miller to clear cap and/or add a similar aged piece. 

Perhaps we do win the lottery.

But We’ll still move Boeser to bring the playing field up a notch on D …. Or maybe not if we sign NCAA Livingstone and UFA Tryamkin.

Miller is too valuable as a vet,

on top of everything else to let go..  we are one of the youngest teams right now.

perhaps in 3 years, trading Miller makes sense,.  But maybe it won’t.

We are scoring very well,.     And  even the D is changing with the proper D Coaches in place.

Hopefully we get a look and see some extra rhythm/ chemistry on D when Hroneck dresses.….  But I’m not in favour of him on the same line as Hughes, except for certain situational play..  

puck moving D men are a wealth if you can have them on to 2 or 3 lines..

sharing Ice time  is healthy.

the key is fluid pairings .  Physically keen shut down D paired with a puck mover is priceless when the chemistry is right.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

She went back to finish university and have their second child..   was no support here for them to do that.

Nice that we have a Russian contingent on our club now. 

They couldve brought their family over here to help.   What did she get her degree in?

I think tryamkin knows he made a mistake leaving the nhl the first time around. 

Sure nice having some russians on the team,  as long as they arent cowardly putin supporters

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps we do win the lottery.

But We’ll still move Boeser to bring the playing field up a notch on D …. Or maybe not if we sign NCAA Livingstone and UFA Tryamkin.

Miller is too valuable as a vet,

on top of everything else to let go..  we are one of the youngest teams right now.

perhaps in 3 years, trading Miller makes sense,.  But maybe it won’t.

We are scoring very well,.     And  even the D is changing with the proper D Coaches in place.

Hopefully we get a look and see some extra rhythm/ chemistry on D when Hroneck dresses.….  But I’m not in favour of him on the same line as Hughes, except for certain situational play..  

puck moving D men are a wealth if you can have them on to 2 or 3 lines..

sharing Ice time  is healthy.

the key is fluid pairings .  Physically keen shut down D paired with a puck mover is priceless when the chemistry is right.

Miller also 12 years older than Bedard. Management supposedly wanted a Center to move miller. Bedard would give them that. 

Harder to move him 3-4 years from now and the greater return he’d get now could help us clear cap and acquire players closer to his age like we have done with Hronek. A retool around Bedard. 

At that point of drafting Bedard all moves should be around him and with longevity. So acquiring more Hronek(younger solid NHL players) should take precedence over having any older 

Potentially have 30M in cap tied up after re-signing Bedard with Perry/Miller. Not ideal with the age differences. 

We already scoring well and Bedard would easily replace Millers production. Perhaps even exceed right away. 

The extra cap we’d gain by trading Miller and using his assets for more moves can be used to sign some FAs too like Graves. The assets could also be used to target guys like Crouse while moving cap out. Could re-sign Beauv as well. 

Overall the pros of moving Miller if we win Bedard outweigh the cons to me.  

That’s only if we win Bedard or Fantilli. I don’t see us moving Miller if we don’t. 

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

They couldve brought their family over here to help.   What did she get her degree in?

I think tryamkin knows he made a mistake leaving the nhl the first time around. 

Sure nice having some russians on the team,  as long as they arent cowardly putin supporters

His wife is into Fitness and Fashion,  and of course a mother first , with 2 very young ones.

I would guess to what she studied, but if Nik can make a solid go of it in N/A ,  his salary would be better than getting paid a USD number of 1m or less in RuZ Rubles.

Russia is a mess,   And I hope they can get out “cleanly”.

I don’t think many RuZ players truly support Putin,  but the threat to announcing , or having an open opinion on it , whether there or here..  would not be good for family members regardless.