The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

3 hours ago, arsenalian said:

For everyone who says Tram hates Vancouver and his time here, I present Exhibit A. The guy is fairly active on social media and to this day his profile pic is still him in a Canucks jersey, not Avtomobilist, where he’s been for 6 years. I mean if he hates it here soooo much, that’s pretty weird, lol.

edit: ok fairly active may be a stretch, but still, he posts now and then, yet has never bothered to change to his current team

Could contain: Person, Text, Face, Head

If you were a professional athlete wouldn't you want your profile picture showing you playing in the best league in the world instead of lower tiers?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, arsenalian said:

For everyone who says Tram hates Vancouver and his time here, I present Exhibit A. The guy is fairly active on social media and to this day his profile pic is still him in a Canucks jersey, not Avtomobilist, where he’s been for 6 years. I mean if he hates it here soooo much, that’s pretty weird, lol.

edit: ok fairly active may be a stretch, but still, he posts now and then, yet has never bothered to change to his current team

Could contain: Person, Text, Face, Head

Instead of hoping the profile picture is his past will be his future why not scroll down? There's dozens and dozens of pictures in Russia. And about 10 old pictures with Vancouver. Just because someone hasn't deleted old pictures from Instagram, doesn't mean he misses Vancouver, or is anxious to return.

Once again, people see what they want to see. There's more pictures of his wife and kid than any in Vancouver. I haven't deleted any of my old pictures on Instagram.

I follow the NHL on instagram. And been flooded with Vegas celebrations of the Stanley Cup. That doesn't make me a Golden Spray fan.

• Cheers 3

42 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Instead of hoping the profile picture is his past will be his future why not scroll down? There's dozens and dozens of pictures in Russia. And about 10 old pictures with Vancouver. Just because someone hasn't deleted old pictures from Instagram, doesn't mean he misses Vancouver, or is anxious to return.

Once again, people see what they want to see. There's more pictures of his wife and kid than any in Vancouver. I haven't deleted any of my old pictures on Instagram.

I follow the NHL on instagram. And been flooded with Vegas celebrations of the Stanley Cup. That doesn't make me a Golden Spray fan.

Could contain: People, Person, Crowd, Head, Face, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Business Card

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Boudrias said:

As I pointed out in another thread I think Canuck fans should start worrying about the exposure to Russian players. 

It is not business as usual inside Russia. This country is descending into anarchy and possible civil war. What that means to hockey players here is unknown. IMHO they will have to decide whether to apply for permanent status or return to families in Russia. We don't know what pressure is being put on them or their families. If/when civil war breaks out it will be about feeding people there not about hockey. I would not be surprised to hear that the KHL and their minor leagues folding. Will these players play elsewhere? Will they be conscripted? 

Will Try come to NA. I suspect he will if he can. I don't see a fit for him in Van anymore. 

Agree 100%.  We need to stay away from adding anymore russians 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Agree 100%.  We need to stay away from adding anymore russians 

I'd love to see our roster filled with Canadians.  But at the same time, I'd  make space for a 6'7" 265 lb Russian dman who skates like the wind and hits like a Mack truck (not to mention breaking players' femurs just by falling on them) any day of the week!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

42 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I'd love to see our roster filled with Canadians.  But at the same time, I'd  make space for a 6'7" 265 lb Russian dman who skates like the wind and hits like a Mack truck (not to mention breaking players' femurs just by falling on them) any day of the week!

LOL… 

8 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

LOL… 

Nikita Tryamkin
By Jokke Nevalainen|May 30th, 2021|0 Comments

Photo courtesy of en.khl.ru

Fantasy Summary

A massive presence on the back end who skates like the wind and possesses a booming shot. Given the right opportunity could become a multi-category stud. Getting him back across the pond will be the challenge.

LOL right back at ya'!  :lol:

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:
Nikita Tryamkin
By Jokke Nevalainen|May 30th, 2021|0 Comments

Photo courtesy of en.khl.ru

Fantasy Summary

A massive presence on the back end who skates like the wind and possesses a booming shot. Given the right opportunity could become a multi-category stud. Getting him back across the pond will be the challenge.

LOL right back at ya'!  :lol:

Well I guess if the wind is a soft breeze you could say so :P

Although I've given up hope this guy is ever coming back, I don't think that's 100% certain.  3 Russian players on the team and Gonchar as defense coach is at least intriguing, especially with the war and a young family in tow.

Vancouver is an option, he's familiar with the city, has country men on the team and staff, and there's a need for a player like him.  I forgot, he already knows the Sedins and he'd get to work with them regularly as well.

7 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Although I've given up hope this guy is ever coming back, I don't think that's 100% certain.  3 Russian players on the team and Gonchar as defense coach is at least intriguing, especially with the war and a young family in tow.

Vancouver is an option, he's familiar with the city, has country men on the team and staff, and there's a need for a player like him.  I forgot, he already knows the Sedins and he'd get to work with them regularly as well.

He waited until the Canucks no longer had his rights to come back to the NHL, ship has sailed. 

39 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He waited until the Canucks no longer had his rights to come back to the NHL, ship has sailed. 

17 minutes ago, Slegr said:

With Bear injured, I’m hearing Canucks and Tryamkin camps are currently talking. 

but of course, I’m hearing out of my butt again, so there’s that.

Perhaps Making room for movement at least ..

July 1st will be interesting.

(that’s when NT could officially sign)

Eyes on the RFA / UFA board ladies & gents.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Slegr said:

With Bear injured, I’m hearing Canucks and Tryamkin camps are currently talking. 

but of course, I’m hearing out of my butt again, so there’s that.

He’d be a great asset on a “show me “ contract with Bear on LTIR ,  and now possibly OEL bought out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He’d be a great asset on a “show me “ contract with Bear on LTIR ,  and now possibly OEL bought out.

Conceptually Tryamkin - Hronek could be a good second pair with years of runway ahead of them still.  Hirose - Myers on the third pair until Bear is back from injury and Myers gets traded at the deadline with Bear replacing him.

Still have a problem with the elusive pairing for Hughes.

• Like 1