The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Netflix to Charge $8 for extra user in new policy to stop password sharing.

DonLever

5 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Didn't news come out not too long ago that lots of people unsubscribed over the past year?

And now they decide to add more oil to the fire?

lol.

It's like they want people to cancel Netflix. 

morons

They have actually had an increase in subscribers in the last quarter.  If people want access they have to pay now, if they don't, then well chances are the original account holder will still hold the account.

Edited by Russ

Cant really fault a business for trying to turn a profit, especially since the policy is aimed towards eliminating people from watching for free who arent paying for their own account. 

That being said, the quality of the entertainment is decidedly poor on all streaming services in general. Netflix is slightly better than amazon and disney imo, but not by a whole lot.

People would probably feel better paying for a subscription if the movies/shows were better, but the market is just so saturated with entertainment meant to be consumed. Its not art anymore. No substance or story. Terrible acting and writing.

Rings of power from amazon is a “prime” example. Just terrible all around.  Its just not feasible to spend 500 million on a streaming service show and expect to turn a profit. Thats a hell of a lot of subscribers. 

My wife and I both bought new IPads last summer. With it, within 3 months we could sign up for Apple TV, free for 3 months each. Plus, Apple TV would be yours for $5.99 per month. I decided to do so, but in the meantime they took my credit card info etc. So just before the 3 months I get a notice from Apple that the subscription will now cost $8.99 per month. Anyone else have this happen to them? I call this bait and switch.

8 hours ago, johngould21 said:

My wife and I both bought new IPads last summer. With it, within 3 months we could sign up for Apple TV, free for 3 months each. Plus, Apple TV would be yours for $5.99 per month. I decided to do so, but in the meantime they took my credit card info etc. So just before the 3 months I get a notice from Apple that the subscription will now cost $8.99 per month. Anyone else have this happen to them? I call this bait and switch.

Nothing is “free”. 

I bought a new laptop recently, and with it came “a week of free ms office and norton antivirus!!! YAY!”

meanwhile, to sign into my paid for computer, i need a Microsoft account. To update the antivirus i need to give them my credit details. When i log into google, youtube etc knows who i am.....

So.  Not that I should suggest this but

Go out.  Buy an amazon firestick 4k.  Firecube 4k.  Whichever you prefer.  Google how to add a kodi build to it.  troypoint is my favourite.  I also found cinema hd apk app which was awesome.  Paid for a debrid service at $5 a month for quality links.  Then for a mere $50 every 3 months I got HD IPTV extreme and only added english, uk, aus, nz, canadian channels and movies.  I essentially pay less than $17 a month total and watch whatever I want whenever I want and any movie that exists on the planet right now.

It is absolutely not perfect, some buffering issues on live tv at times but really; I am absolutely not giving netflix a dime if they start asking me to confirm my account every 30 days or less