The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Tanner Jeannot to Lightning for Cal Foote, 2025 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2023 4th-round pick, 2023 5th-round pick

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I guess it remains to be seen but I am sure they scouted around and were looking for a specific player with specific attributes they know will help them in the playoffs.

I certainly don't disagree with that fact. Also, if they win the Stanley cup I'm not sure that makes it a good trade haha. They gave up a ton.

18 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just heard about this last night, before hittin' the hay.

This one smells funny, like some OBC, favour for favour, after we see results.

Last summer didn't Poile take an overpaid McDonagh off TBay's hands? Would say some extra picks were promised there(during this season), if it went as sideways as most expected.

The US teams just keep shifting assets(present, futures & cap) back & forth between the haves & nots. The riggeddeckleague ****ing sucks.

So Canadian born general managers are out to screw the league to support American teams? Or more like greedy owners want that big American broadcasting money

2 minutes ago, myre said:

So Canadian born general managers are out to screw the league to support American teams? Or more like greedy owners want that big American broadcasting money

Hey man, it's their sand box/toys, & I'm only an interested observer, when Van is playing.

Doesn't seem like a trustworthy league to me, & hasn't for a long while. But I'm just some bloke in Asia, who doesn't like the SC stolen from Cdn grasp for 3 decades. Must be MY fault, right?!

27 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hey man, it's their sand box/toys, & I'm only an interested observer, when Van is playing.

Doesn't seem like a trustworthy league to me, & hasn't for a long while. But I'm just some bloke in Asia, who doesn't like the SC stolen from Cdn grasp for 3 decades. Must be MY fault, right?!

Nope! I'm saying forget management it's ownership Canadian or American. They're just concerned about the money. The better the American teams do the better the Canadian owners do for money. I feel like they don't care if their team wins the cup as long as they can pad their pockets.

• Cheers 1

1) Fans typically overvalue draft picks

2) Fans undervalue actual proven middle-class (and even working-class) players.

3) Teams have memories that extend further than just the current season -- especially for younger players.

This seems like a lot and TB are definitely gambling here but it's not shocking. People had the same reaction to the Hagel trade and that was a similar deal.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Last summer didn't Poile take an overpaid McDonagh off TBay's hands? Would say some extra picks were promised there(during this season), if it went as sideways as most expected.

The US teams just keep shifting assets(present, futures & cap) back & forth between the haves & nots. The riggeddeckleague ****ing sucks.

Thread worthy. This should be looked into a bit closer 

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Interesting, 

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

They could have just taken the picks then.  

Marek says quite a few teams were after Jeannot but that Nashville did not want to move him and it would take a lot to pry him out of there.

12 hours ago, myre said:

Yeah I think if you read some of my other posts I very much like him but it doesn't change the fact they paid way too much.

I mean that's your opinion. I think there's a lot of hockey people that think they way overpaid. I'm not really sure going to the finals or winning the cup determines whether this particular trade was a good deal or not.

It certainly does for TB

On 2/28/2023 at 12:54 AM, BlastPast said:

Just look at the reaction to give up the Isles 1st for Hronek.

That is a proven Top RHD player that is valued lower than a 1st pick around 15. 
A player that will have a contract around 8 mill going further.

On 2/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, BlastPast said:

3) Teams have memories that extend further than just the current season -- especially for younger players.

This seems like a lot and TB are definitely gambling here but it's not shocking. People had the same reaction to the Hagel trade and that was a similar deal.

1) I would love to know the analysis you used to come to that conclusion.

2) which fans exactly? Because on CDC that just not is the case. Over the years I have seen some absolutely crazy proposals on how players on the Canucks are worth way more than what they are in reality.

On 3/6/2023 at 11:06 AM, myre said:

1) I would love to know the analysis you used to come to that conclusion.

2) which fans exactly? Because on CDC that just not is the case. Over the years I have seen some absolutely crazy proposals on how players on the Canucks are worth way more than what they are in reality.

1) Call it a hunch.

2) See the Ethan Bear contract thread for anecdotal evidence of this. 

On 2/28/2023 at 7:54 AM, BlastPast said:

lol... draft picks are overrated? All stanley cup winner's core is built from draft picks. All up and coming rising teams (New Jersey, Ottawa, Buffalo) are built with draft picks. Draft picks are overrated?? lol. 

Your point would only make sense if we already have a contending core or close to one. We don't. Pettersson/Hughes/Demko. I have never heard of a core that performs so poorly and perform at the bottom of the league for so many years. Pettersson - 5th season in, Hughes - 4th season in, Demko - 4th season in. 

Players like MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen, Kucherov, Point, Hedman were already pushing further and further into the playoffs at this point in their careers. This year we are #6 counting from the bottom up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Drakrami said:

lol... draft picks are overrated? All stanley cup winner's core is built from draft picks. All up and coming rising teams (New Jersey, Ottawa, Buffalo) are built with draft picks. Draft picks are overrated?? lol. 

Your point would only make sense if we already have a contending core or close to one. We don't. Pettersson/Hughes/Demko. I have never heard of a core that performs so poorly and perform at the bottom of the league for so many years. Pettersson - 5th season in, Hughes - 4th season in, Demko - 4th season in. 

Players like MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen, Kucherov, Point, Hedman were already pushing further and further into the playoffs at this point in their careers. This year we are #6 counting from the bottom up. 

It took MacKinnon 9 years to have any significant playoff push wtf are you on about? I'll do you one more, after 5 years in the league, Pettersson has played more playoff games than MacKinnon did, and Petey's posted more goals and points...

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1