The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Riley Stillman to Sabres for Josh Bloom

Just now, stawns said:

I thought he was ok and still had potential to get better.  He was, at least, in the NHL and it's unlikely Bloom will be.

Not really a big deal, but I really don't see the point of acquiring wingers, especially for dmen

What does it matter? We're not even talking about 3rd or 4th defensemen. We can get 293846 5th and 6th defensemen any day of the week, probably don't even need to trade for them. Can probably just find one off the street.

What we need is GOOD defensemen, not A defenseman. Keeping a replaceable Stillman or trading him I don't see the problem...

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I thought he was ok and still had potential to get better.  He was, at least, in the NHL and it's unlikely Bloom will be.

Not really a big deal, but I really don't see the point of acquiring wingers, especially for dmen

I mean…. Cap space. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What a great trade!

Got cap off the books and acquired a promising prospect?

Good to see they’re willing to part with bad acquisitions quickly.

Nice to see management recognize that Stillman wasn't working out and doing the right thing and moving on...

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Cap space, I agree on.  

Note. Most all players start as a pick, then a prospect, then on to hopefully being a valuable asset. There is no exact roadmap for it all. You put your money down on what you believe are legit shots. Actually, if there is one thing this management group has done well, its identifying quality bottom six players. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

I feel numb. What am I even supposed to do now with my signature?

Maybe this was inevitable.

The hero we needed, yet the one we certainly didn't deserve. 

I haven’t seen a signature on CDC forever. Do we still have them? Is it a settings option not to see them?

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

You try to improve, constantly, in any way you can. Seems like a decent prospect, size, speed, Canadian. Isn't that the type of kid fans have been crying for?

Yeah, but that wasn't what I was debating so I don't know why you... brought that up? :unsure:

• Haha 2