[Trade] Oilers trade Jesse Puljujarvi to Hurricanes for Patrik Puistola

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Jk

4.8 8 years

51% fo.  

25pts in 58 games 

6’2 - 22 years old 

bust lol 

and on defensive team looks like a great 3rd line Center with potential to be a second liner. Locked up at a reasonable contract for what he does.

poolparty a rfa at season end. And he Has been buried in a deep team 
1st rounder plus other pieces 

for  a 30 year old locked up for 7 years at 8mill 

that’ll  be aged out when this team is competitive but still eating up valuable cap space. 

not many teams have the cap to take that anchor of a contract.

so when it’s a 8 mill depth forward in three years we can watch the young guys he should have be replaced with hitting their primes only on other teams. Oh wait that’s the Jb model it’s a proven winner. Lol. 

To put things into perspective…

Beau = 5’11”, LW, 182lbs, 25yr old

$4.15M x 1yr (next year before becoming UFA).

With NYI
49gp 20pts

With VAN

11gp 11pts.

Total

60gp 31pts.

So is Beau a bust too???

Some people just want to write their own narratives.

:P

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And then remainder of the team belongs in the AHL. Add in Kane and McDiver's character issues and Karlsson would be far better off to go to a men's team instead.

Nuge is great, Kane has been a good fit there despite my thoughts on him as a person. McDavid doesn't have character issues and is a pretty solid and humble guy. Draisaitl is great, as is Hyman. I see a real good top 9 and an offense heavy defense. As far as I can see it you're not going to improve that team with defensive dmen so lean into the strength with Karlsson or Chychrun. 

14 minutes ago, BPA said:

To put things into perspective…

Beau = 5’11”, LW, 182lbs, 25yr old

$4.15M x 1yr (next year before becoming UFA).

With NYI
49gp 20pts

With VAN

11gp 11pts.

Total

60gp 31pts.

So is Beau a bust too???

Some people just want to write their own narratives.

:P

Completely different players, Kotkaniemi is mid and I just don't get the fascination with him. Especially for 7 more years at that awful cap hit.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nuge is great, Kane has been a good fit there despite my thoughts on him as a person. McDavid doesn't have character issues and is a pretty solid and humble guy. Draisaitl is great, as is Hyman. I see a real good top 9 and an offense heavy defense. As far as I can see it you're not going to improve that team with defensive dmen so lean into the strength with Karlsson or Chychrun. 

Getting at least defencemen who is good enough in his own zone to belong in the NHL wouldn't make Edmonton better?  McDiver still refuses to backcheck, dives constantly, and I'll throws tantrums when he's called out on either issue.  Until he decides it's time that he started acting like a real man instead of a gutless coward who only cares about personal stats, he'll always be a locker room cancer.  No respectable player in their right mind would consider reporting to Edmonton.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Getting at least defencemen who is good enough in his own zone to belong in the NHL wouldn't make Edmonton better?  McDiver still refuses to backcheck, dives constantly, and I'll throws tantrums when he's called out on either issue.  Until he decides it's time that he started acting like a real man instead of a gutless coward who only cares about personal stats, he'll always be a locker room cancer.  No respectable player in their right mind would consider reporting to Edmonton.

Watch the interview last night that is literally the opposite of what you described.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Heffy, have you seen any recent interviews?

youtube mcdavid & principe on 700th point and 50th goal.

then please explain how that player only cares about personal stats.

he wants to win cups, not scoring titles

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Completely different players, Kotkaniemi is mid and I just don't get the fascination with him. Especially for 7 more years at that awful cap hit.

His low point totals may be just a factor of his environment / team system.  Just like Beau was looking to be a 30pt player this season until he got traded to VAN and caught fire with EP (getting 11pts in 11 games).

Kot is definitely not earning his pay as a 30pt player with CAR.  He needs to be a 50pt player.  He’s young and with an offensive tempo like the Canucks, he may very well reach 50pts.

It’s a gamble for sure.

42 minutes ago, combover said:

Jk

4.8 8 years

51% fo.  

25pts in 58 games 

6’2 - 22 years old 

bust lol 

and on defensive team looks like a great 3rd line Center with potential to be a second liner. Locked up at a reasonable contract for what he does.

poolparty a rfa at season end. And he Has been buried in a deep team 
1st rounder plus other pieces 

for  a 30 year old locked up for 7 years at 8mill 

that’ll  be aged out when this team is competitive but still eating up valuable cap space. 

not many teams have the cap to take that anchor of a contract.

so when it’s a 8 mill depth forward in three years we can watch the young guys he should have be replaced with hitting their primes only on other teams. Oh wait that’s the Jb model it’s a proven winner. Lol. 

Might want  to look at what garlands doing I guess he’s an over paid bust to. 4.9 for 33 pts in 59 gms 

Oilers deep?…. What does garland have to do with this :picard: Amazing the nonesense people will speak I just can’t fathom their hatred towards Jonathan Timothy our next Captain!!!! Woooooooo :towel:

5 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Heffy, have you seen any recent interviews?

youtube mcdavid & principe on 700th point and 50th goal.

then please explain how that player only cares about personal stats.

he wants to win cups, not scoring titles

Then he should start backchecking and stop diving and creating a toxic culture in the room.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s young 22  and big 

he plays Center 

He wins 51% 

he skates well 

he might be over paid but not by much 

he could be developed  into a very good third line Center with the potential to still be a 2nd. 

hes putting up points that put him on pace with others who get paid the same.

he really wouldn’t have to improve much to justify his cap. 
coming to a team that like van could open the game up for him.

7 more years at 8 mill sounds a lot worse for a 30 year old. 

7 more years at 4.8 makes him 29 when that contract expires. 

he’s not nearly as bad as some  on here want to pretend.

nobody saw AB having the level of success he’s had. 

completely different player yeah AB was less productive on his last team  making roughly the same 4.1  as JK.

Jk fits the age and size this team seems to be going towards 

much like Kravtsov he hasn’t reached his potential.

The No. 3 pick in the 2018 NHL Draft has all the makings of an excellent offensive center. He is big (6'2"), talented and a good skater who should fill out and get stronger as he moves toward the prime of his career. Is a good playmaker who moves the puck well and has scoring instincts. Needs to shoot more to become the kind of scorer his talent suggests he can be. Is not as good on the wing because he needs space to be effective

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Would be quite something if he gets reunited with Aho and Puljujarvi goes on to become a Nichushkin type player for the Canes.

I’m not saying that happens. Just that it wouldn’t surprise me.

Doesn't have the brain power.

Brain mass to body mass ratio not high enough.

15 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Oilers deep?…. What does garland have to do with this :picard: Amazing the nonesense people will speak I just can’t fathom their hatred towards Jonathan Timothy our next Captain!!!! Woooooooo :towel:

Clueless. 

your calling a 22 year old a bust who’s putting up the same points as a26 year old (garland) who’s making more.lololololololol

it is amazing the nonsense people speak. 
oh right we don’t want to compare contracts and points because that doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve created. facts not allowed. 

I know I know facts suck when you live in a self made fabricated

fairytale.  

Jt can be the next captain I like him he’s a good player for now. 
I get it you’re president of the Jt  fan club and you’re ok with not actually trying to build a Stanley cup team because you’ve got one favourite player and been told and sold that the playoffs are the goal by the biggest idiot of gm this franchise has ever seen. 

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Rare W for both teams. Carolina is too cheap to spend assets to add. All they ever do is take free guys that are too expensive for other teams lol. 

Holland somehow got out of 3m and gained a whatever prospect for an absolute bust of a 4th OA pick 

I don’t see this as a win for Carolina to be honest.

They used valuable cap space they could have used on an actual impact player. JP does little to move the needle for them.