The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I really don't think there's going to be any more trades. Especially blockbuster deals.

I'm wondering if the ask was too much, or just no teams can take on cap. Or feel our players are worth taking on cap.

Tis why a Brock trade is more coveted with buyers!

1M retained and throw in that Lazar 4th

Edited by grandmaster

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I really don't think there's going to be any more trades. Especially blockbuster deals.

I'm wondering if the ask was too much, or just no teams can take on cap. Or feel our players are worth taking on cap.

It always feels like we are the team who has players nobody wants or teams want to give us the worst return back because they know they can outwait us. I am just waiting to hear all the crap that management tries to spin especially when it comes to getting more cap space. All these promises and nothing has come of it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, kodos said:

Yeah. The real issue is how glaringly obvious of a mistake this is. It’s egregious. 

It’s absolutely exhausting the refusal of not rebuilding the team as every single team has to go through it. We needed to do it in 2018. Canucks legend Linden left this franchise because ownership refuses to build the team like Detroit is doing,LA, Chigago, Minny,San Jose,Washington and Nashville.

It’s super bleak and I’m just about done giving this team anymore of my time (money is a given) nothing is going to change until Aquilini accepts a rebuild or sells the team. People can flame me all they want and try and say that the retool on the fly method works. How have the last 9 seasons worked out? If we just went with lindens plan, we would most likely be out of it right about now. I will bet that most of the teams I said above will be ahead of us in the standings. NYR Devils and Minny already are when they started rebuilding in and around 2018 when linden was requesting ownership for a rebuild. 

It’s absolutely maddening to keep supporting this mandate of “retool on the fly” I can get behind a proper plan, but this whole run it back to be competitive and make the playoffs makes me numb and apathetic as it is with other fans. Very close to taking a longtime break. I’m not switching teams but switching my time management. A few playoff birth appearances doesn’t equate to a cup victory as some posters believe it is. So done Kodos. This is a toxic relationship/ drug. I need to go to rehab and seek help.

Just now, EP Phone Home said:

It’s absolutely exhausting the refusal of not rebuilding the team as every single team has to go through it. We needed to do it in 2018. Canucks legend Linden left this franchise because ownership refuses to build the team like Detroit is doing,LA, Chigago, Minny,San Jose,Washington and Nashville.

It’s super bleak and I’m just about done giving this team anymore of my time (money is a given) nothing is going to change until Aquilini accepts a rebuild or sells the team. People can flame me all they want and try and say that the retool on the fly method works. How have the last 9 seasons worked out? If we just went with lindens plan, we would most likely be out of it right about now. I will bet that most of the teams I said above will be ahead of us in the standings. NYR Devils and Minny already are when they started rebuilding in and around 2018 when linden was requesting ownership for a rebuild. 

It’s absolutely maddening to keep supporting this mandate of “retool on the fly” I can get behind a proper plan, but this whole run it back to be competitive and make the playoffs makes me numb and apathetic as it is with other fans. Very close to taking a longtime break. I’m not switching teams but switching my time management. A few playoff birth appearances doesn’t equate to a cup victory as some posters believe it is. So done Kodos. This is a toxic relationship/ drug. I need to go to rehab and seek help.

Not only that but a playoff berth is such a low bar. It seems it's all they want just to put money into their pockets. Sickens me really. No aspirations to get a cup.

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Tis why a Brock trade is more coveted with buyers!

1M retained and throw in that Lazar 4th

Think at this point they may have to retain 1.5 to 2 mill to dump Boeser. Don't think ahole FA would agree to that

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

This time really is different though, we have 2 franchise players and a potential top 10 goaltender hitting their primes, and its not fair to judge this management team against the mistake of the past regime.

This management team has not traded our first round pick, like Benning did.

Instead, with some maneuvering, they exchanged an expiring UFA Bo for a top-four RHD, and has been excellent at acquiring cheap or free quality assets (Filip Johansson, Kravtsov, Bear, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev).

This is the best performed retool on the fly Ive seen so far. They got a good prospect for.. Riley Stillman? They got a pick for Lazar who they picked up for free as a UFA. They are managing assets extremely well.

Was the 1st + 2nd an overpayment for Hronek? Maybe, it remains to be seen. But we cant judge that until we see him play.

I think this is a great analysis, and you hit it on the head with your first sentence.  You want to appease your franchise players,  not all the fans.  You want to keep them, they don't want to rebuild.   If the retool does not work , they will be offloaded....for a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1