The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Luke Schenn to Maple Leafs for 2023 3rd-round pick

This trade took forever and we only got 3rd round pick back. I was hoping for at least a 2nd round pick. Otherwise, I would just rather keep him here. 

Unless, this is only a rental then 3rd rounder is decent!!! Let's hope he resigns with us next season!!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, awalk said:

There is no quick fix for the D Corp 

Look at the prices being paid for D men right now. 

It's gonna take a while. Good drafting, cap space to pounce on key moments, and some really good pro scouting.

Also, we're supposed to be tanking right now. So no need for a D-man right now. 

Edited by Jam126
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

We have a bad blueline

Schenn is a 6th/bottom pairing DMAN on majority of NHL teams and definitely on playoff bound teams. 

Schenn's value to us is not = to his value to the rest of the league. 

Schenn would be 7-8 on the leafs depth chart.

He probably would slide in if Tampa's spanking TO in the first round again :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

a 3rd round pick is a good return.

schenn is a 6/7 defenceman on most teams, people here are overvaluing him like crazy.

yeah, he adds the leadership and stability in the locker-room but that's because of how bare we are in the department to being with. quite sad tbh.

ppl were overvaluing him is cause our def is complete dog poop, only reason..if we had a good def, he be 5-7 , but cause our def has been so bad for several years we ranked him 2nd/3rd hehe

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Patience. It will grow again. 

Yes, it would seem management is trying to create roster and cap space to address this issue with the recent trades.

We'll most likely see an AHL level defense as we close out the season, then determine what to do with those tweener prospects moving forward.

I think the defense would be better addressed when the season is done and management can start building a defensive core centered around Hughes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or people were hoping there'd be a frenzy of trades with the war in the East. And someone would overpay.

There's more sellers than buyers, the buyers are squeezing the sellers because of this.

Look at the return for Patty Kane and tell me you don't like this third lol

Edited by Harold Drunken