The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

How are we liking this deal? It’s finally a RSD has one year of term at 4.4 cap. 

We needed a RSD this is the cost of the rare elusive position  that we needed.

However, that said I think we might be the franchise that HATES 2nd rounders more then anything. Every year we dump them like an allergic reaction and that we have to get rid of it. Just like death and taxes, you can guarantee Canucks are trading their 2nd round pick. 

But what do you guys/gals think? Happy? Not happy? 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Can you blame him, every fan here is starving for a Cup. We are no where near to challenging for that. 

And won’t be for a bit. Still gotta keep chipping away at the needs though. 

Hopefully build a core with the mid 20 players and then add playoff vets when the team shows that the team is firing on most/all cylinders. 

3 minutes ago, awalk said:

Definitely not rich enough to overpay for immediate help.

But management thinks we are close to contention I guess and are selling ownership on a 2 year turnaround. I'm just gonna have to STFU because it is what it is even though I hate it.

Management drinks the water in Vancouver and becomes stupid.

• Like 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Hronek has 38 points this season, 22 points at even strength, and he clearly plays 2nd unit behind Seider. Also plays PK. 

If he can help move the puck, that'll be great. Seems like a player we need. 

Nothing against Hronek, just need to let the shock set in. Thing is, we are epically bad a drafting and developing D. Maybe this is the only way we can get one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

to be fair it is, essentially, two first rounders.  Again,my issue is timing. Both those picks will be far more valuable at the draft, why not wait?  There's zero need to add right now.

If I didn't know better, I think you drink sometimes when you post and then you forget what you post haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

This. That is why I think this team is going nowhere unless Petey demands a trade out. 

He is this ownerships crutch to do these kind of short sighted moves. 

it's highly doubtful that pick drops to next year

Just now, stawns said:

to be fair it is, essentially, two first rounders.  Again,my issue is timing. Both those picks will be far more valuable at the draft, why not wait?  There's zero need to add right now.

Detroit was probably selling to another team. They probably had to act now

1 minute ago, stawns said:

For once, we agree Stawns. Why now? This trade is probably there at the draft, or better.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Would rather have the picks, that could have been Reinbacher and Dragicevic.

Seems the Canucks want to win ASAP.

First impressions - don't like the trade. Hronek is a top young RD and just 25 but those are two very valuable picks...

You mean Aqua-Lini wants to try and squeek into the playoffs right now to keep revenue and false hope up.............and yes those could have been two "Blue-Chip" pics for the future (something Aqua-Lini doesn't get).    Hope this guy is worth two extremely valuable picks!

Don't mind this trade in isolation. Was hoping though that the plan had a more long term draft and develop backbone to it. 

Looks more like PA/JR are trying to shuffle the deck and hope for a successful combo of players.I'll leave those decisions to the pros but this now feels more like the Benning years which obviously never worked. 

Wish I had more faith in this process - whatever it is supposed to be. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the full deal is:

Bo Horvat

2023 2nd round pick

for

Filip Hronek

Anthony Beauvillier

Aatu Raty

2023 4th round pick

If we were trading BO and our 2nd and we got that return back in one trade, would that not be a good trade?  I think it would be a home run.  Need to look at the bigger picture here...

Still hate it.