The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

i'm so so about the trade but honestly i see 0 reason to make that trade right now.. can easily make the exact same trade at the draft.. wait and see what the islander picks turns out to be before making a trade like that...

everyone was gushing about how the islander pick is a 13-16 pick this year or a lottery pick next year because they are 100% sure islanders going to be a lottery team next season.. ok so if islander miss the playoff this season and end up with a top 12 pick.. and defer to next season.. and they are a lottery team.. so if we end up trading a top 5 pick for hronek that's a W?

if there are more big moves coming, I can see the timing better.  If this is a stand alone deal, it makes zero sense

1 minute ago, stawns said:

and added what, $5m to the cap?

Beauviller will be traded next year at the deadline and we probably get a 2nd rounder for him.  So the deal looks even better. 

Also, we wouldn't be adding $5 million in cap next year because if we had kept Horvat his contract would be $8.5 million.  Hronek and Beau together is actually $400k less...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Would Minni bite on Boeser for Brodin, or is that too rapid thinking of me? 

Minny is in the playoffs, usually teams dont want to subtract from the roster that has gotten them to a good position, especially a very important dman like Brodin.

with few teams having cap space to fit bb6 without retention I've jumped ship to trading him in the summer when it will be easier.

Like the idea though!

Just now, awalk said:

Just learned that. So he doesn't help us now, fine. Why do it now then? 

Don't ask me man. I'm as blown away as you are by this. I'm very disappointed and this isn't a knock on him. It just isn't what this team should be doing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

and added what, $5m to the cap?

For next season anyways...

Beauvillier + Hronek = $8,550,000

Horvat = $8,500,000

So $50k difference.  Much rather have Beauvillier and Hronek TBH.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Thanks for adding that context. 

Seider had a bit of a sophomore slump first half of the season. Don’t know how’s he’s been during the 2nd half but seems better statistically. Hornet had a strong first half hence why he took over PP duties for a time and cooled off a bit during his 2nd half.

Just now, myre said:

Don't ask me man. I'm as blown away as you are by this. I'm very disappointed and this isn't a knock on him. It just isn't what this team should be doing.

Yeah we are in full agreement. I think I'm just asking the universe in general because I don't have Allvins phone # 

• Haha 1

Team pro scouting making a big call here.

They way I look at is they cant go all the way and  tear down.  They are re-loading around EP/Hughes/Demko (I now include Raty, Podz in the mix).  You think these guys want to be the next Bo Horvat? Playing on a languishing teamyear after year during their prime.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

no argument there.  Where were those balls last tdl?  They wouldn't be in this mess if they'd had the backbone to make these kinds of moves last year

Left them behind in Pittsburg. It looks like they got it back though. 

Just now, HKSR said:

For next season anyways...

Beauvillier + Hronek = $8,550,000

Horvat = $8,500,000

So $50k difference.  Much rather have Beauvillier and Hronek TBH.

Bingo. Hronek is just 25 years old right now. It's not like we traded for another OEL or anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Honestly, BO for Hronek straight up would have been a home run.  Adding Beau and Raty and a 4th for a 2nd is a grand slam...

You obviously highly value Hronek. Horvat for Hrovek would be an awful trade IMO. Why is Hronek worth a Horvat alone? I'm trying to find a way to like the deal, help me lol.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Beauviller will be traded next year at the deadline and we probably get a 2nd rounder for him.  So the deal looks even better. 

Also, we wouldn't be adding $5 million in cap next year because if we had kept Horvat his contract would be $8.5 million.  Hronek and Beau together is actually $400k less...

possibly, but he's got good chemistry with Petey, so they might keep him.  At this point, a capped out team has added $5m to the books in a month.........that has to be considered when you lay it out as part of the Horvat deal.