The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One word to describe the organization's 8 years of retooling.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Isn't what they're doing is adding guys in his age range to help Petey and Hughes?

I don't get it, are you wanting to just ditch Petey and Hughes?  Amassing draft picks does absolutely nothing to help those two, other than using them as currency to add players to the core.......which is what they just did.

Hronek is exactly the kind of player you add isnt he?

The Miller and Boeser deals made it awfully hard to do it, but that's reality 

As usual, THG wants to.lsy it at the feet of JB, when it's really this management group who created the mess.

All the panic around the team falls, mostly, on BB who was a terrible coach this year and demkos injury....already they're looking better.  I expect they'll be back to being a bubble team next year

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Isn't what they're doing is adding guys in his age range to help Petey and Hughes?

I don't get it, are you wanting to just ditch Petey and Hughes?  Amassing draft picks does absolutely nothing to help those two, other than using them as currency to add players to the core.......which is what they just did.

Hronek is exactly the kind of player you add isnt he?

The Miller and Boeser deals made it awfully hard to do it, but that's reality 

As usual, THG wants to.lsy it at the feet of JB, when it's really this management group who created the mess.

I understand that too. You can't let Petey and Hughes waste time going nowhere. But I think we have to be pretty careful of what draft picks we let go of. I'm kind of in an agreement, what is the direction? Retool? Rejig? It makes me nervous.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I understand that too. You can't let Petey and Hughes waste time going nowhere. But I think we have to be pretty careful of what draft picks we let go of. I'm kind of in an agreement, what is the direction? Retool? Rejig? It makes me nervous.

It does and the Miller and Boeser deals make it very difficult, which is exactly what many of us said would happen.

Again, all the hand wringing by THG is based on them.being a bottom feeder.......they're not.  How soon we forget they were the 6th best team in the league from.Dec on last year.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It does and the Miller and Boeser deals make it very difficult, which is exactly what many of us said would happen.

Again, all the hand wringing by THG is based on them.being a bottom feeder.......they're not.  How soon we forget they were the 6th best team in the league from.Dec on last year.

Can we stop holding onto last year. Demko was a big reason. Don't kid yourselves. Even the gm said he had to stand on his head every night for them to win. Some people just love to pretend they are way better than they are. Reality people. Our farm system is very weak. I guess that never matters in canuckland. So hard to figure out why they can't even make the playoffs. Lol.