The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

have to say, Boeser has been playing very well the past 3 games, tonight he was especially effective, way to go Brock Boeser!

Nice to see him improve..  his Motivation is back..  still a couple of “air” passes ..   has me more suspicious of the mental lapses..  but like they say , drive the body and mind will follow.   I’d like to see him get more shooting practices in Practicing with different twigs.

Once he gets that shot back,  his confidence/ mental aptitude will match what we’re seeing now ,  and he will have returned.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Post of the night.

So tired of all the whining when the team plays good, ffs.

Party on dude!

Take your positivity and stick it right where the sun don’t shine!!!!    

Us tankers are looking fwd to selecting 11th overall in one of the deepest drafts in years 

• Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

Take your positivity and stick it right where the sun don’t shine!!!!    

Us tankers are looking fwd to selecting 11th overall in one of the deepest drafts in years 

I would laugh my ass off if we moved up in the draft like the Rangers and Devils have in the recent past. 

And by the way, don’t tell me what to do. 

• Haha 1

Another solid victory tonight against a very good Dallas team - As much as they say that wins don't matter, I believe they are probably asking everyone in the dressing room to put their best foot forward in this last part of the season - try each shift - to keep battling until they are mathematically out - I don't know what the odds  are (ridiculously slim<5%) .They have put everything on the line this past week like blocking shots, driving to the net etc - certainly not like some of other teams that are playing really bad.  I am certainly in the group wanting every opportunity to draft Bedard but I will give the players kudos on their effort these past few weeks of still trying.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Nice to see him improve..  his Motivation is back..  still a couple of “air” passes ..   has me more suspicious of the mental lapses..  but like they say , drive the body and mind will follow.   I’d like to see him get more shooting practices in Practicing with different twigs.

Once he gets that shot back,  his confidence/ mental aptitude will match what we’re seeing now ,  and he will have returned.

Boeser did mention that he’s thinking of switching back to 90 flex instead of 85 flex that he used for the past 2yrs.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I've explained this to you but you ignore responses and spew the same ol', over and over. It's so tiresome.

Over a dozen players out, new players in. Matters. 

"It never has in the past" isn't attributed to THIS group....THIS coach. It's unfair to pin past failures on them. 

You really overlook something so simple....being jaded over the past is fine if things stay the same. But this group has been changing and you fail to acknowledge that. So it seems it's your deal, not the team's.

If the ONLY thing you care about is the final standing....go away and do something fun and come back one day to see if/when it happens. In the meantime, some of us enjoy watching hockey...been some really good games lately.

Sulk much! Right? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why does everyone associate what they are seeing this year with what will happen next year? I hear a lot of posts "saying wait until next year. This is great for next year"...but when has it ever translated? I am a bit confused as to why a lot of people think these wins make a difference for next year when it never has in the past?

Can the huge influx of new players and a coach that actually seems like he can coach be the reason? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This team is all about bad timing, but we're far too good to be a bottom 5 team. Petey doesn't even have a masterclass and we score 5 goals, Boeser and Garland finally shine. They're great secondary scorers, just 1-2M too expensive but those were some highly skilled plays. Another game, another strong defensive effort against a top offensive team. Whether it's OEL's injury or Demko playing healthy, this team hasn't looked leaky at all and are finally limiting total shots as well which is what the great teams do. You see this a lot when there's a tonne of injuries and AHL callups - everyone just buys in quicker and don't have the bad habits that older vets do.

We're in real jeopardy of dropping out of the top 10 in the draft but at least it's fun to win again and gain some momentum for next year...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

I don't think it's the same at all. Boudreau got the players feeling good about themselves and playing inspired hockey, but it never felt sustainable. They were running on fumes towards the end of the year and the success obviously didn't carry over.

The Canucks under Tocchet didn't get this instant bump. They're not playing super inspired hockey, rather they are putting in a solid workmanlike effort most nights. It's been a relatively slow process in getting the team to play a smarter and better defensive game, and to me it looks sustainable. They are getting better in every defensive aspect, and that's what wins championships. Time will tell of course, but I'm optimistic. Don't forget that we still have Hronek coming in, as well as Mikheyev, and I don't think the team is done making moves before next season.

I just don't see Tocchet allowing the team to get off to the same kind of awful start next year that they did this year. They are not going to blow multiple multi-goal leads under his watch. Next year is going to be good.

And if I'm wrong, you may mercilessly mock me for buying in to the hype! 

I did not like the Tocchet signing at first, but I can see a lot of improvement in how the team is going about it’s business.

His record in Az wasn’t great, but the again he didn’t have the talent there, or the commitment from ownership to spend to the cap.

I’m interested to see how far he can take this team in the years to come. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Boeser has 45 points on the year.  His best season is 56 points.  He may reach that this year.

Interesting how a narrative takes off and everyone hacks on a guy but at the end of the day it may just be idle talk.

I expect he will be back next year too.

I also predict that next year he has his best season as a pro.

he had a good night, lets hope he keeps it up. he has a habit of being on the ice when the canucks get scored on. he has been alot better since we lost our tank commander adn OEL.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Kuzmenko had Bure’s speed, he would be a top 10 player in the NHL.  He could hit 100 points and be like Kucherov.  Even so, playing with Petey he could hit 85 points next year.  Maybe more…

Maybe Bure warped himself into kuzmenko? Out of body experience? 

• There it is 1