Height 6.02 -- Weight 200 [188 cm/91 kg]

Cap Hit of $7,250,000 to 2026-27 (UFA)

Seth Jones

Defense -- shoots R
Born Oct 3 1994 -- Arlington, TX
[28 yrs. ago]
Height 6.04 -- Weight 213 [193 cm/97 kg]

Cap Hit of $9,500,000 to 2029-30 (UFA)

Seth Jones is 28 year old. He doesn't fit with CHI rebuild time line and it costs too much money to keep him for nothing in the next 3-4 years.

He is wasting his prime time and no cup hope till 33-35 year old only if CHI can draft Towes/Kane etc. quality prospect again.

Maybe CHI should move him and regain some cap flexiblity?

Shall we do it? add sweetener?

Edited by tan
  • Vintage 1

• tan changed the title to (proposal) Oliver Ekman-Larsson to Seth Jones
Just now, tan said:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Defense -- shoots L
Born Jul 17 1991 -- Karlskrona, Sweden
[31 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 200 [188 cm/91 kg]

Cap Hit of $7,250,000 to 2026-27 (UFA)

Seth Jones

Defense -- shoots R
Born Oct 3 1994 -- Arlington, TX
[28 yrs. ago]
Height 6.04 -- Weight 213 [193 cm/97 kg]

Cap Hit of $9,500,000 to 2029-30 (UFA)

Seth Jones is 28 year old. He doesn't fit with CHI rebuild time line and it costs too much money to keep him for nothing in the next 3-4 years.

He is wasting his prime time and no cup hope till 33-35 year old only if CHI can draft Towes/Kane etc. quality prospect again.

Maybe CHI should move him and regain some cap flexiblity?

Shall we do it? add sweetener?

God no, Jones is no better than OEL more expensive and more term. Might as well try and get Nurse too while we're at it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

How about?

Our 2nd back in 2024

A 2nd round pick 2023

Seth Jones

For

OEL,

Myers

Boeser

Dermott

Pearson

Poolman

Hoglander

In: $9.5 Million

Out: $7.26 million LTIR

$6 Million

$6.65 Million

$1.5 Million IR

$3.325 Million LTIR

$2.5  Million LTIR

$0.891 Million

So $13.55 Million plus $14.51 in LTIR and IR.

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, DrJockitch said:

He used to be a tough dynamic d-man. Haven’t seen him much last couple of years. 

It just bugs me when they write 6’4” as 6.04ft. 

6’4” is 6.33 ft. 

6.04’ is 6’ and 1/2 an inch or 30/64th of an inch if you want to be more precise. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So my deal looks about right?

Pretty close.  I already proposed a similar deal to Chicago and in return we get Connor Murphy.  But Chicago probably doesn't bite on that.  But to get rid of Jones and his $9.5 million contract for 7 more years, I can see them being interested.  Question is, will OEL go to Chicago?

• Cheers 1

I’m curious about PA’s confidence in both internal (buyout/LTIR) and external options to clear cap. 

External options imply he has the bones of a deal or two in place. It’s possible other GM’s have expressed interest in an off-season trade for Myers, Boeser, Garland,etc. 

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

God no, Jones is no better than OEL more expensive and more term. Might as well try and get Nurse too while we're at it

Forget Nurse or Jones. Both way over priced. Definitely not the solution. 

No big moves. Neither of those two, or both are going to be the difference makers moving forward. 

Wasted cap space.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty close.  I already proposed a similar deal to Chicago and in return we get Connor Murphy.  But Chicago probably doesn't bite on that.  But to get rid of Jones and his $9.5 million contract for 7 more years, I can see them being interested.  Question is, will OEL go to Chicago?

Yuk! Jones us a complimentary player. He would be in a supporting role. Just buyout OEL and trade for Tanev back. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yuk! Jones us a complimentary player. He would be in a supporting role. Just buyout OEL and trade for Tanev back. 

Jones is not worth 9.5 mil a year or whatever it is. QH destroys this punk, everyday. 

• There it is 1

16 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Jones is not worth 9.5 mil a year or whatever it is. QH destroys this punk, everyday. 

We had the perfect partner for Hughes in Tanev. We could have just kept him at 4x4. Nope. We went to Schmidt at 6 and then OEL at 7.2. Imagine going to Jones at 9.5. More than twice what Tanev would have signed for to stay. Benning very much struggled with identifying pro talent. I’m confident the new guys would never go for Jones. They are way too smart. They will either play OEL with Hronek and hope the latter can carry OEL. Or they will buyout OEL because they believe he just can’t contribute anymore. And what he provides can be replaced by Brisebois for 750 k

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We had the perfect partner for Hughes in Tanev. We could have just kept him at 4x4. Nope. We went to Schmidt at 6 and then OEL at 7.2. Imagine going to Jones at 9.5. More than twice what Tanev would have signed for to stay. Benning very much struggled with identifying pro talent. I’m confident the new guys would never go for Jones. They are way too smart. They will either play OEL with Hronek and hope the latter can carry OEL. Or they will buyout OEL because they believe he just can’t contribute anymore. And what he provides can be replaced by Brisebois for 750 k

Hindsight is 20/20 looking back at what could've, should've, would've been. It's done. 

Time to move on. 

Jones is not the answer. Neither is Nurse. 

My point was, these guys are very fortunate that they suckered their teams into paying them that money. 

They should thank their lucky stars. They're not that good. At all.

Quinn Hughes is elite. They are not. 

• Huggy Bear 1