The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Garrett to retire after this season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Sat Shah has his role already. I don't think he'd be a good replacement. He's too polished. How does Shorty do a fart joke with him ?

The closest would be Randip Janda until they find someone better. I hope they don't go with Dan Riccio, he's not cut out for entertaining colour commentating. 

I really think there is no better choice than Jannick Hansen if we want a honsest knowledgeable homer. Though we definitely ain't getting fart jokes with him. 

Tldr; Creech will be hard to replace. The guy deserves to have a room named after him in Roger's arena. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

I really think there is no better choice than Jannick Hansen if we want a honsest knowledgeable homer. Though we definitely ain't getting fart jokes with him. 

I don't know if I'd call him a homer at all... Also he's good to listen to for 10 minutes, once per week, don't think I'd like him calling the game. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't know if I'd call him a homer at all... Also he's good to listen to for 10 minutes, once per week, don't think I'd like him calling the game. 

Well I did say honest homer :P

To me it is the hockey knowledge and breakdown he would provide compared to the rest of the SN650 crew. 

56 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The team gets rid of Bruce was gut wrenching. The team trading Captain Bo was devastating.

But this took a new level of sadness for me. Going to miss Cheech.

Lol... Really? Did you watch how the the team were playing under him?

I can't think of too many coaches who deserved to be fired more than Boudreau. Lovable guy and all, but that's part of the job.