The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 23, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

In 4 - 5 games I think he has a map on the tendencies of his forwards in the transition,.  Some activate earlier.  Some later,.  I think with a little communication practice and in games  he is pistol whipping guys like EP, Miller, Kuz Podz, Mihkey, Garland Joshua, Dries in full stride crossing Center Ice or the O Blueline…

perhaps a few off the end zone rebound passes as well..   

Damn, He and the possibility of Gavrikov will fill an ammo box.

Gavrikov is pushing 22 minutes a night with LA right now. His CF% is 60% with LA. That’s unheard of. Hampus Lindholm is at 53.5%. His on ice SV% is at 98%. Again, unheard of. Lindholm is at 94%. 

Gavrikov and Hronek could become one of the best pairings in the entire NHL. 

• Vintage 1

Anyhow...back to the PGT. I'm secretly happy Myers got first star...I want him to be good. This is a confidence boost and I think, at times, he lacks confidence and the security to just play a heavy game. He gets penalized a lot and it seems to have a bit of a deer in headlights effect. Tentative and unsure. 

He's an asset to us when he plays without overthinking things. So cheers to our CG!

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

See, thing is....you call it "sexual behaviour" which is a really short sighted view. That's part of the problem here. Especially to some religious folks (not all) who have ideas about how that should look. They don't equate it to love, which is a good thing that the world needs more of. Not to select and discourage some love because it doesn't fit our narrow view of what that looks like. Some hate this form of love....is that ok?

How about supporting pride for others to just be who they are? Rather than the shame they've had to endure because some don't "believe" in it. It's not your place to judge and discrimination has to stop. So these are moves in that direction and if you decline them then you passively allow it to continue. 

And it's not "covering himself with a flag"...it's putting on a jersey. No need to exaggerate. Which is what hockey players do ...put on a jersey, but he declined this one. Pick and choose I guess. That makes a statement in itself...go with the flow. No one's asking YOU to be gay, just show love for gay people. 

Not a meltdown...we're simply pointing it out because it's important to do so. Don't make it something trivial, it's a pretty big deal to those who are afraid to hop on transit like every other human being because some idiot might be offended (and potentially violent and hostile).

But this is the PGT, so we can move it to the other thread where it's more appropriate to discuss. In the meantime, though...Reimer's as open to criticism as any other player on the ice. And he got lit up...which makes some of us quite happy. And proud. 

I don't think he's a bad person. But I think his actions set a bad precedent and send a bad message.

Appreciate the respectful response Deb. I still fully support JR. But yea anytime the Nucks score 7 it’s going to be fun!

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

9 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well a few weeks ago we had a 12.1% chance of lading him and we could have improved upon that if Tock-it didn't burn-out QH for 59 minutes/game and EP40/Miler for 27-28 minutes/game, and now we're at only a 4.2% chance to land him and headed towards zero pretty fast with these "vanity" wins - and for what?   

9 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Are you sure those odds are right? Didn’t we only get as low as 6th or was it 5th? Anyway even at 5th Tankathon has the odds of picking first at 8.5% and has us sitting at 6%. Is this wrong? 

It looks like we’ve only dropped 2.5%

Yeah, the mathematically challenged trolls assume that everyone else is equally deficient, so they can fabricate nonsensical numbers to crap on the team and nobody will notice.

To the trolls, haters and hardcore tankheads, there is a HUGE difference between a 91.5% chance of NOT landing 1st overall and a 94% chance. So why not make up some new imaginary numbers that make their position even stronger so they can rant about how stupid the team is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

James Reimer 

- Politely and respectfully declines to cover himself in a flag that says he’s proud of someone’s else’s sexual behaviour. 

CDC

- Meltdown

James Reimer

Wolf in "Christian" clothing.  

• Sad 1

Can someone explain to me why CDC is pencilling in Gavrikov?

He's a UFA yes, But he's currently playing for LA. A playoff team. He's making $2.8 million right now.

LA has cap room, Vancouver does not.

LA will probably be a playoff team next year. Vancouver....who knows?

Not sure I'd be planning on getting a Gavrikov jersey just yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Can someone explain to me why CDC is pencilling in Gavrikov?

He's a UFA yes, But he's currently playing for LA. A playoff team. He's making $2.8 million right now.

LA has cap room, Vancouver does not.

LA will probably be a playoff team next year. Vancouver....who knows?

Not sure I'd be planning on getting a Gavrikov jersey just yet.

one word.  "Milstein"

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, nergish said:

Basically the defenseman we've been missing for years...

Didn't get to see his big slapshot, but he threw a few sneaky wristers on net, and had some crisp break-out passes.

Guy is just strong on his skates, plays with intensity, and has actual defensive awareness. Not a big bruiser, but still has decent size to get it done. 

Extremely confident with the puck - casual body language while carrying it up the ice, even threw out some head-fakes and seemed eager to dish out no-look passes.

Easily our best defender behind Hughes already.

Hronek was solid. Played the most minutes too.

He had a lot of those hard break out passes some of our forwards weren’t ready for. He didn’t waste much time, head up then quick outlet passes up ice. 

Hughes likes to hold onto the puck, Hronek holds onto it if he has to. Very two different type of defenseman despite similar offensive prowess.

• Cheers 1