The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

The fact that Boeser is playing with Miller tells me RT prefers Boeser over Garland.

Yeah, I have never been able to get behind garland being a top offensive player..........IMO, he is best suited to he a high end pain in the arse! (3rd liner)

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Both probably on LTIR.  Pearson had a hand surgery that I think got infected.  So he might be done.  Poolman, I think has constant migraines.  So I think he’s on LTIR until his contract ends and retires.

I am more worried Poolman's migraines get better if we finish off strong...just a worry!

21 minutes ago, BPA said:

The fact that Boeser is playing with Miller tells me RT prefers Boeser over Garland.

I think they're just trying to make Boeser as movable as possible, trying to bump up his points so someone will want him or he will be less expensive to move.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BPA said:

It’s the same reason Horvat played with JT,.  It’s to get his points up.

Miller is a driving force..  any one with him does well..

2 things,  ups Boesers points and trade value, or gets him into the production range where they have the option of trading him or not.

Garland plays a tenacious smart game, also draws a lot of penalties..  his contract is better value than Boeser’s,  and BB might offer a better return.

• Cheers 1

I like seeing the team win as underdogs. Next year will be a better year for us to make the playoffs and have a good chance at competing for the cup. Canucks are now playing like a winning team but there is still work to do before we are a cup contender. Next year guys like Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Podkolzin, Kratszof, Rathbone, and a bunch of the other young guys will all be a year older, more experienced, and stronger. To me Boeser already looks lighter on his feet. I think Tocchet will push the guys to be stronger, better versions of themselves. Management might make a couple changes to the roster and I expect a highly competitive training camp for those NHL spots. Things are looking good for Vancouver and this summer will be one of hope and optimism.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Another useless win. When the losing starts again next season, I wonder how many of you are going to remember this moment.

I don't think anyone is going to forget the winning streak that cost us another 2% chance at Bedard.  We'll be hearing about it all next season and the rest of his career.

Edited by TheQuietQuitter

While losing doesn’t guarantee Bedard. It does move you closer to the player you want to draft, whether it’s Bedard or not.

I know the players hate losing and it takes a hit on their morale. However, these games does absolutely nothing for them. You can still play hard and lose. That’s what a lot of people want to see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Is that Milan Dragecivic’s son? I remember he was the first coach of the Giants. I knew all the original G-men. I remember a kid named Joshua Jackson I had some drinks with and he started rapping freestyle and told me he’s gonna quit hockey and be a Rap star. I never knew where he went or what happened to him. 

Is this him?   Stream Joshua The Rapper music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for  free on SoundCloud

https://eprinkside.com/2023/02/15/hes-explosive-he-has-elite-top-speed-oliver-moore-is-a-one-of-a-kind-prospect-in-the-2023-nhl-draft

This is the quality of player we could draft at our current spot.

The fastest skater in the draft, who projects as a high end middle six center, with a nonstop engine and great attitude.

bummer.

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, shiznak said:

While losing doesn’t guarantee Bedard. It does move you closer to the player you want to draft, whether it’s Bedard or not.

I know the players hate losing and it takes a hit on their morale. However, these games does absolutely nothing for them. You can still play hard and lose. That’s what a lot of people want to see. 

Some players only get one shot to prove they belong.  Careers are at stake.

2 minutes ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

Some players only get one shot to prove they belong.  Careers are at stake.

Which is why, we need to give minutes to Podkolzin, Kravstov, Rathbone, Hoglander (when called up), etc. 

We don’t need to see Pettersson, Hughes, and Miller playing 20+ minutes a night. Play them 17-18 minutes, while divvy up the minutes to the youngins.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Wouldn’t it be something else if we end up 11th worst and win the lottery? And the Isle’s go deep and give the Wings the 28th pick. And then PA trades Bedard for the Hughes brothers. Would the fan base lose it and (ahem) start another riot ? 

With the hype around Bedard he moght be the only player to get away with such stunt.

Imagine all three here… Bedard is nothing compared with that but I haven’t seen many here loose their heads about that.

54 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Which is why, we need to give minutes to Podkolzin, Kravstov, Rathbone, Hoglander (when called up), etc. 

We don’t need to see Pettersson, Hughes, and Miller playing 20+ minutes a night. Play them 17-18 minutes, while divvy up the minutes to the youngins.

Agreed. It boggles my mind why Tocchet needed to play Hughes almost 30 min a game to risk him getting injured. 

We are playing mostly weak teams for the rest of the season and it looks more likely than not that we'll fall outside of bottom 12. I sure hope Reinbacher is still there for us to pick.

Winning is nice. But remember we were at the same place when we went on the tear with Bruce as coach last year and no one foresaw how we fell so hard this season. I remain cautiously optimistic until this team is able to show us consistency and play with 'structure' next season, when it matters. 

• Vintage 1