The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

Game 3 was more even than the first 2 games but I feel like TB was the better team in game 3 and would've won if it wasn't for Samsonov making some key saves (omg leafs finally look like they have goaltending). 

I don't like TB either but I don't mind seeing leafs choke again. I just can't stand hearing about them all the time. 

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think he's lucky he didn't get a game for that.

Just an observation, but as someone who played his first hockey game over 55 years ago, I have noticed that players tend to bring their sticks up like that automatically now, but in the pre-visor days, it happened much less frequently.

Visors have likely saved the vision of hundreds of players, so I would never advocate getting rid of them, but I think what Lafferty did shows how these kinds of changes to the game can have unintended consequences.

Full disclosure: I have been hit in the face by pucks four times over the years....two of those were close to an eye. (and I still don't wear a visor)

3 hours ago, canuckwings said:

Game 3 was more even than the first 2 games but I feel like TB was the better team in game 3 and would've won if it wasn't for Samsonov making some key saves (omg leafs finally look like they have goaltending). 

I don't like TB either but I don't mind seeing leafs choke again. I just can't stand hearing about them all the time. 

I definitely didn't have samsonov stealing one over Vasilevskiy on my bingo card.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, McBackup said:

Not at all surprised Marner is the only one there without a partner. 

1 hour ago, canuckwings said:

Hmm I get most top players don't want to get injured, but can you win a championship with all of your top players like that? 

Who is he supposed to scrum around, one of the fans?

Point just got drilled into the boards by Reilly. There was uneven number of Lightning players on the ice. 

• Cheers 1

A 50% Hedman and no Cernak is like having your top pair at 25% capacity.  If the Leafs win, it'll be because of injuries.  A healthy Hedman, Cernak, and Point and its a different situation altogether.  But lucky for the Leafs, they have a really good opportunity to get out of the 1st round.  

6 hours ago, canuckwings said:

Last year the Leafs were probably the better team.  They certainly laid on the pressure in that game 7 but just couldn't buy a goal.  That's playoffs, though.  The weaker team can squeak through and go all the way off a few lucky bounces.

4 hours ago, rekker said:

Media going on about AM's fight. Lol.    It was more of a wrestling match. My wife can throw a better punch. AM did everything he could to avoid the "fight"

On such a top-heavy team like Toronto, it's a nightmare to watch your franchise player throw punches and risk breaking their hand.  If Pettersson or Hughes gets caught in a scrum, they should wrestle as hard as they can and get to the ground so the linesman can break things up.

2 hours ago, canuckwings said:

Hmm I get most top players don't want to get injured, but can you win a championship with all of your top players like that? 

I think the only two who weren't fighting were Marner and Hedman.  There aren't a lot of Leafs players who can match up well with Hedman.  No point in blaming anyone here.