The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Alflives said:

Baseball is the best game, and by a lot, to watch in from the stands. While drinking, of course. :frantic:

I have no idea how baseball works except for the wine drinking. the first time I went to a baseball game, the ball was coming our way and I was drinking wine. I was nervous the baseball was going to hit my wine. Someone caught it thank goodness, and my co-worker was like - "BRILAC"! WHY DIDN'T YOU CATCH THE BALL??? I was like... I'm drinking my wine. 

The second time we had a suite, and Chateau St. Michelle was served. 

But on a related note, I was at a Canucks game once many years ago, and the puck was coming our way, and the person behind me caught the puck. I was busy drinking my wine and did not realize the puck was coming our way. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, cripplereh said:

Same now that I have a toddler lol. Hard to do anything as I am not young lol.

Oh man, even going to a restaurant is a stressful, exhausting experience. Hockey games were absolutely not worth it with little ones. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Let's go Kuzy.

Update: I've moved on from grapes to pomegranate. Which is NOT tacos or nachos (boo).

Nice, those things are a pain to eat lol  but good

you'll get back to feeling good with all that fruit instead of tacos ::D

• Cheers 1

Just now, cripplereh said:

Same now that I have a toddler lol. Hard to do anything as I am not young lol.

I used to go up to Vancouver for Canucks game all the time years ago.  

Your toddler is 2 or 3?  I remember you talking about your toddler a while back in a GDT.

7 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I am not advocating tearing it down... I am pointing out that through a series of circumstances, the team underperformed.

But instead of accepting the fact there is no way they'd make the playoffs and optimizing their drafting options, management/ownership decided to put the money on a futile chase of an impossible target... the playoffs.  (so we are told... as I said, I think it is ownership being a bunch of money grubbers who can't see further ahead than their next set of box office receipts)

Short sighted is the best description.

Well it's hard to tell about ownership/GM dynamics other than assuming JR and AL "demanded" full reign to turn the ship BUT to what degree is up for debate. 

Ok so from my viewpoint, we always get close to greatness and with development work that could have gotten us a cup or 2 by now but each time we get shot in the foot by lack of depth as the gruelling playoffs cause injuries and season destroys a well put together roster. 

I'm just so tired of the same ole happening year after year after year since day one... Yeah I've been around watching that long as omfg this has got to stop! A depthless great season roster is nice to watch, high division standing to finish the season then ousted and nothing..  

I'd rather us build and scout the right players to we have a good balance of speed skill and grit, whoever does WITH depth wins a cup, that's where we need to be working towards and it's coming (I think) at least we're signing players that could turn into something instead of free agent$ like always, and shooting for the odd ELC as well to help with cap and she'd cap now but we need to size and toughen up without sacrificing skill. 

Hmmm.. that would be a switch wouldn't it?!

I like the looks of our top 9 but we'll see changes again by next season so jury is out for now but if we can upgrade D and upgrade bottom six, and depth for it, pretty sure that would give us a decent playoff team but our G depth is questionable now as well.

Losing Demko for a lot of the season proved that so.. 

I guess we have to wait and see..

P.S. I'm still hoping that Klimovich can make a push, been reading his game is trending upward especially his 200ft game and providing scoring. He mentioned a "humbling experience" so far and learned consistency from it and learning to read defensively. 

I reallyyyyy hope he ends up here under Tocchet he could change a lot of the dynamic if he can be 3rd line threat who could move up and not miss a beat, his shot, I love it, fast release and lethal.. 

One can hope..