The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flyers Interview Emilie Castonguay

Rate this topic

5nothincanucksohno

“I think a lot of these teams like Pittsburgh, I think they’re still collecting their names. I think Philly is still collecting their names and they’re reaching out and just gauging some interest. But one of the names that got out there was Émilie Castonguay, who’s one of the AGMs in Vancouver. I think that the Canucks were a bit surprised at how this all happened and got out there. But I heard that she indicated to the organization she wasn’t looking to leave, and she was happy there. So I don’t think that’s going to go anywhere. But I think that teams are looking to start interviewing some different candidates, not the same usual pool, and some of that is they want to know who some of the younger former hockey players are like, you know, whether it’s a Steve Staios or Shawn Horcoff or something like that. Or if some of the analytics people are ready for the next step, or even some of the female candidates who may be ready for a bigger role. That’s why I think her name came up. And I do think she was someone that they were doing their research into, but I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I think she indicated to the Canucks, she was very happy to stay and continue to be a part of their organization. So I don’t think that one’s going to continue.”

- Elliotte Friedman

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/32-thoughts-the-podcast/id1332150124

On 4/20/2023 at 11:33 PM, DefCon1 said:

Are you a relative of her or something? You seem to be taking it harder than her and she was fired months ago. Who cares about Rachel, she was not really important and we have fired way more valuable people in our organization.

There are lots of people in a hockey organization that we haven't heard of or aren't "really important". This includes equipment managers, scouts, assistants, security personnel, custodians, etc. You don't have to be family to any of these people to feel like they should be treated well by the organization. When the Sabres let go of their entire scouting staff during COVID or when the Bruins had to shamed into taking care of their employees, that reflects negatively on the organization. I don't personally know either Doerrie or Castonguay personally so I am not going to speculate about the credibility of the allegation. The alleged behaviour and actions seem quite unprofessional and I am not someone who dismisses allegations just because of fandom. 

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Aren't you paying attention everything Benning = Bad everything good = Not Benning. 

IMHAO we can thank Benning for our core, except Hronek. So Demko, Petey, Hughes, Miller. Hronek is that elite RSD that Benning couldn’t find. 

19 hours ago, hammertime said:

Aren't you paying attention everything Benning = Bad everything good = Not Benning. 

If you were talking about coaches, I can give you a Stone Cold Steve Austin "Hell yeah".  SEVEN years and the best he could come up with is Travis Green.:lol:

On 4/19/2023 at 2:38 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Can you provide proof as to why she was fired from either organization? You know, actual evidence. If not, you really don't have much of a case here. What Rachel has stated is quite damning, if proven to be accurate. 

Funny how quickly you dismiss someone purely because she's a millennial. And that Castonguay's reputation should somehow alleviate her of responsibility, should the accusations become fact. A claim with the Human Rights Tribunal is a little more significant than someone talking shit. Interesting that you try to minimize it. 

Not like I really care one way or the other... But can't help but point out that you're asking for "evidence" to why she was fired, while accepting someone's word with no real evidence either... Can't really have it both ways can you? Nobody knows what went on behind closed doors period. Def not some reporter speculating... Demanding evidence from someone, when you have zero evidence of your side of the argument, is not a good starting point for a constructive debate.

And if your talking "evidence", the only actual evidence is she was fired from two teams... Usually when you get fired from an organization something didn't fit. And twice?

• Cheers 2

On 4/19/2023 at 9:50 PM, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Bro, Rachel Doerrie is 100% a millennial Karen. I could hear it the first interview , she won't have another job in the league . There is no place for people like that in any work place. Entitled drama setters

Ok Boomer. Now get your cane and yell at clouds

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:02 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

If what happened with Doerrie really happened, I hope Castonguay goes. Don't need that kind of toxicity here. 

I don't believe the Doerrie story at all.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1