The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flyers Interview Emilie Castonguay

Rate this topic

5nothincanucksohno

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

In addition to the fact that the media here more or less annointed him long before Gillis' seat could become cold.  :ph34r:

Did they? I don't remember. Linden didn't just hire him super quick. I think he did look around. Maybe my memory is foggy.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would Cammi want to leave Vancouver which is her home and where she wanted to be?  Unless it's some type of big promotion I doubt that she would go to the east coast...

Why does it matter if she lives here or not? She travels with the team throughout the season, anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trevor brought him in on his reputation as someone who was excellent at drafting.

Something the Canucks needed.

Sometimes things don't work out.

and other times.you end up with back-to-back-to-back calder finalists. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Flyers Interview Emilie Castonguay, Presumably for President of Hockey Operations Position

States that EC would likely want to take Cammie Granato with her if she leaves the Canucks. That would mean two AGMs leaving at the same time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crossingbroad.com/2023/04/flyers-interview-emilie-castonguay-presumably-for-president-of-hockey-operations-position.html%3famp

Would they take the Rachel Doerrie drama with them too?

2 hours ago, thrago said:

I think I'd be a little pissed about this if I was JR, gave someone and incredible opportunity a little over a year ago and they are actively looking for opportunities elsewhere already.  Seems a little disrespectful to me.

I would be happy for them if I were JR and he should be proud of them getting a chance to grow and be in charge of Hockey ops for a franchise like the flyers. This just proves JR picked real good ones that everyone else around the league recognizes as competent hockey exes. It’s not like they are irreplaceable. JRs been around for a long time. I’m sure he can find someone just as good to support him.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She got fired from New Jersey, came to Vancouver, got fired here, went on all of the talk shows to talk about it, spends her time on Twitter talking sh*t about players.  She's a millennial that quite frankly needs to grow up a bit.  Emilie has a great reputation in the industry, so why would you want to believe anything that comes from the mouth of a 20 something year old kid that can't even keep a full-time job longer than one year?

What has Emilie done over her entire career to have you think she is a bad person other than some sh*t talking from a former disgruntled employee?

She entitled? 

Sensitive topic I know. I'm like johnny cash walking that line.

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trevor brought him in on his reputation as someone who was excellent at drafting.

Something the Canucks needed.

Sometimes things don't work out.

Yeah that's just how the cookie crumbles...

The point was that teams go fishing everywhere around the league for talented individuals.... 

If other teams startlioking at Canucks frint iffice staff, they must be doing somethings right. 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yeah that's just how the cookie crumbles...

The point was that teams go fishing everywhere around the league for talented individuals.... 

If other teams startlioking at Canucks frint iffice staff, they must be doing somethings right. 

Yes and no.  We tend to lose our best personnel and the crap ones stick around.  Who was that drafting guy we lost before Benning got fired?

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can you provide proof as to why she was fired from either organization? You know, actual evidence. If not, you really don't have much of a case here. What Rachel has stated is quite damning, if proven to be accurate. 

Funny how quickly you dismiss someone purely because she's a millennial. And that Castonguay's reputation should somehow alleviate her of responsibility, should the accusations become fact. A claim with the Human Rights Tribunal is a little more significant than someone talking shit. Interesting that you try to minimize it. 

Bro, Rachel Doerrie is 100% a millennial Karen. I could hear it the first interview , she won't have another job in the league . There is no place for people like that in any work place. Entitled drama setters

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1