The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

15 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Can anyone explain to me why the Leafs get an extra day off?

To lick their wounds?

More like prolonging their suffering.  I know that for Florida games the city was prioritizing them last.  They don't share the same stadium but the Heat were playing on the weekend, and the F1 races were going on too.  Made little sense.  I was in Seattle over the weekend and they had Mariners/Sounders/Kraken all on the same day.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

To lick their wounds?

I remember the Sportsnet folks saying how the extra day before game 3 was such a big advantage for the Leafs, to regroup. That sure worked well. 
I hope they get ripped apart on Wednesday.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, they're too late.  Too late to get momentum.  Too late to avenge Knies and Bunting for what Bennett did.  As a neutral, I'm actually more upset than the Leafs players over what happened.  That is a joke.  As for their star players, they're worse than zero.  They're minus across the board.  Their xG stats are horrendous.  On a top-heavy team, they must score.  All there is to it.

3 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

More like prolonging their suffering.  I know that for Florida games the city was prioritizing them last.  They don't share the same stadium but the Heat were playing on the weekend, and the F1 races were going on too.  Made little sense.  I was in Seattle over the weekend and they had Mariners/Sounders/Kraken all on the same day.

My favourite was all the Leafs fans I saw crying about the scheduling working around the Panthers. The obliviousness of it.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, -DLC- said:

To lick their wounds?

The Big Four had universal discount of the background noise in Lafferville. They have an extra day to reflect on their self destruct button. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Slegr said:
13 hours ago, -DLC- said:

To lick their wounds?

I remember the Sportsnet folks saying how the extra day before game 3 was such a big advantage for the Leafs

Another example of why we hate this team. Everything around them, the moves they make, their prospects, their management, it's all postive. Never a bad thing there. Yet........

• Cheers 1

I'd be shocked if the Leafs win tonight, that team is just full of players that crack under the pressure. Meanwhile you have a team like Florida which everyone basically wrote off and are playing to prove that they deserve to be there.

16 hours ago, -DLC- said:

To lick their wounds?

It wasn't for the Leafs it was to cater to F1 and the Heat, Steve Dangle Podcasst called out the league for horrendous scheduling that the league could have had 2 Saturday Leaf round 2 playoff games and went with Sunday and Wednesday instead. He added if you're a league that always makes yourself the last option, you'll always be the last option.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

It wasn't for the Leafs it was to cater to F1 and the Heat, Steve Dangle Podcasst called out the league for horrendous scheduling that the league could have had 2 Saturday Leaf round 2 playoff games and went with Sunday and Wednesday instead. He added if you're a league that always makes yourself the last option, you'll always be the last option.

I know people here mock Toronto for complaing about scheduling but it honestly is a bad sign for the NHL.  Miami is a massive city.  They can handle many things at once.  But instead they get crap start times when it really matters.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except scheduling yourself on the same day as those massive events is making yourself the last option. Screeching Steve showing his insight again.

Panthers weren't supposed to beat the Bruins in the first place.  Easy to bump them down priority-wise against other events, especially given their lackluster regular season attendance.

I disagree with the delays.  IMO, games should be on alternating days all the way through.  Keeps the intensity going, as well as fan engagement.  Also, I believe this kind of scheduling cost us the '94 Cup, giving extra days for the old fart Rangers to rest after flying cross-country.

20 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Panthers weren't supposed to beat the Bruins in the first place.  Easy to bump them down priority-wise against other events, especially given their lackluster regular season attendance.

I disagree with the delays.  IMO, games should be on alternating days all the way through.  Keeps the intensity going, as well as fan engagement.  Also, I believe this kind of scheduling cost us the '94 Cup, giving extra days for the old fart Rangers to rest after flying cross-country.

It was a concert at MSG in 94 that caused the delay and we had the Rags against the ropes. Forget who the concert was. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

It was a concert at MSG in 94 that caused the delay and we had the Rags against the ropes. Forget who the concert was. 

Good to know, but still sucks.  Woulda coulda shoulda :towel:

• Cheers 1