The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New Jersey Devils (M2) | Hurricanes win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Devils in 4
    • Devils in 5
    • Devils in 6
    • Devils in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

One of these two likely win the cup. The cats will be tough though once they finish off the leaves. 

These teams play some good hockey. Better than any team left in the West. 

Weird take, Carolina struggled with the Isles who couldn’t score NJD struggled against the Rangers with Lafreniere and Panarin being non existent. And now neither team can control this series too. I don’t see either as cup favourites or all that strong compared to the West teams. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Weird take, Carolina struggled with the Isles who couldn’t score NJD struggled against the Rangers with Lafreniere and Panarin being non existent. And now neither team can control this series too. I don’t see either as cup favourites or all that strong compared to the West teams. 

we'll see.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Both teams have solid, deep bluelines though.  Defence still wins championships.

I'm pretty sure one of my pre-season predictions was Carolina winning the cup, wouldn't be surprised if they did. I reckon it'll be whoever comes out of this series or Florida who wins it all. 

Take away Edmonton's powerplay and they don't look all that good, not convinced Vegas could win it all. I reckon Dallas or Seattle come out of the west. 

• Cheers 2

Much like the Ranger's series, starting to see New Jersey's kids start to elevate their game after likely having themselves feel overwhelmed in teh first two games.

Jersey is really starting to force Carolina to match their speed which is never a good way to defend NJ.

• Haha 1

I think I turned into the first period intermission of the Canes and Devils but was greeted by the panel breakdown of what Toronto has to do to stay in their series and then a graphic for the leaf lines ( nothing about FLA of course ). Totally expected but still annoying pandering to a certain audience. 

All six Carolina goals have been scored at even strength, despite injuries this Canes club is showing that it can play stellar defense and score goals when it needs to. 

Tending has let the Devil's down big time. 

Edited by Coconuts