The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion / Reports] - Canuck Players in 2023 IIHF World Championships

Rate this topic

grandmaster

• grandmaster changed the title to [Discussion / Reports] - Canuck Players in 2023 IIHF World Championships
11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks might have a gem in Silovs.

Demko-Silovs next season?

Hope Garland loses :ph34r:

Possible but I'm leaning towards Demko and Martin in Van &

Silovs and Talapila in Abby

Better for Silovs to get lots of games in the AHL rather than a few in the NHL as a back up

By bye Delia

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Possible but I'm leaning towards Demko and Martin in Van &

Silovs and Talapila in Abby

Better for Silovs to get lots of games in the AHL rather than a few in the NHL as a back up

By bye Delia

I don't think i agree with this at all anymore. Taking NHL level shots at practice is far more valuable imo than playing against Bissonnette level players and some nhl prospects. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/19/2023 at 7:49 AM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I don't think i agree with this at all anymore. Taking NHL level shots at practice is far more valuable imo than playing against Bissonnette level players and some nhl prospects. 

I agree with this, Silovs has nothing left to prove in Abby, and being sent back, especially if he has a great Worlds, will feel like a demotion. I could see a Demko-Silovs tandem with a 60/40 split. If will keep Demko fresh and sharp knowing that the kid is nipping at his heels.

It used to be that teams would send all but their early first round picks to the A for seasoning, but with superstars demanding a larger portion of the cap, teams are finding value in playing young players sooner, which hurts the quality of competition in the A.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Upvote 1

Garland - 6GP, 1G, 5A, 6Pts, +4

Myers - 5GP, 0Pts, +5, 6PIMs

Bear - 5GP, 0Pts, +/-even, 4PIMs

Silovs - 4GP, .952 save %, 1.22GAA

Silovs is getting the spotlight, but Garland is quietly showing well. May bode well for his trade value.

Myers at least hasn’t been a liability, so that’s something. Just need someone to at least claim him off waivers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Garland - 6GP, 1G, 5A, 6Pts, +4

Myers - 5GP, 0Pts, +5, 6PIMs

Bear - 5GP, 0Pts, +/-even, 4PIMs

Silovs - 4GP, .952 save %, 1.22GAA

Silovs is getting the spotlight, but Garland is quietly showing well. May bode well for his trade value.

Myers at least hasn’t been a liability, so that’s something. Just need someone to at least claim him off waivers.

Losses to Switzerland and Norway today.

Seems like Myers has brought his tank commanding to Europe.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Losses to Switzerland and Norway today.

Seems like Myers has brought his tank commanding to Europe.

You know, we're going to miss Myers when he's gone in a few weeks. Next to OEL, he's probably the worst defenceman we've got to take pock-shots at and the funniest guy to watch.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You know, we're going to miss Myers when he's gone in a few weeks. Next to OEL, he's probably the worst defenceman we've got to take pock-shots at and the funniest guy to watch.

I always thought before Myers that pylon Dana Murzyn was the worst defenceman in Canuck history…till this doofus came along. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

17 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I always thought before Myers that pylon Dana Murzyn was the worst defenceman in Canuck history…till this doofus came along. 

Pouliot is worse than Myers.

Gudbranson was shocked when he played with him.

I advise those who can to watch Latvia Play against Switcherland.

Latvia needs one point to reach quartefinals so Silovs probably has to go full Demko.

Watch Fiala and Fischier try to get past Silovs might be fun. 
I hope Silovs can manage the really hard task.