The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday morning rambles. [Proposal]

To Rags 

Brock + 11OA + Fox's ol buddy Rathbone +4th they don't have one we have several sharing is caring. 

To Nux 

Kandre Miller + Will Cuylle + 2nd 2024 

We get our LD to pair with Hronek in the present tense. The Rags are under threat of a K'andre Miller offersheet so they side step that while adding a 70point guy who needs a change of scenery and isn't on the back 9 like their deadline acquisitions. I think Brock could do really well there in that environment. 

Our D looks really good all of a sudden

Hughes Schenn (or alike)

Miller Hronek

OEL Myers (re sign 2Mish next year)

Cuylle is a beast we get a 21 yearold budding PWF and a 2nd in a draft bursting with D. 

Originally I had tried to work Lafreniere into this somehow but na. I don't think he makes the trade better on either side. They save face by not selling low and we don't add another redundant winger. Cuylle on the other hand is something we don't have a pugnacious goal scorer.  

Sign Kandre Miller around that 4.3M threshold where a contender would have to pay them a late 1st and a late 3rd I think the 11th would be more attractive.  Even 5m with term the kid is 23yo 6'4 220 and will play 20 quality mins a night. This will be a bargain.  

This gives us 1.5-2m cap space with the cap going up a mill or so, that should be enough to add a 3C. Hopefully we also can move one of Beauvellier at the draft add a pick to get a 2nd kind of thing. But if not we don't build Rome in a day. I think both of their (Garland Beau) value will only go up without Brock soaking up all the prime minutes. 

When Myers expires I think he will sign at a discount. We have a bit of flexability to find a partner for Hughes. 

Honestly I think our FWD group looks good. We have some great callups in Abby too. 

Kuz Pete Beauvellier 

Cuylle Miller Garland (match up)  

Mik XXXX Pod/Hog (Checking)

Dakota Aman Guiseppe

Even if Cuylle plays 4th line or cooks in the A and we can't move Beauvellier it isn't a travesty. 

Would rather do this than draft another winger. FWIW.

• Cheers 1

didn't they give brock's agent the right to find a team that would take him, last year?

imo, if they can move 2 of boeser, garland and  beauvillier's contracts without taking cap back, the team can find players that fit the style they want to play.

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

didn't they give brocafter the or signed for lower cap hits if they want to keep them.k's agent the right to find a team that would take him, last year?

imo, if they can move 2 of boeser, garland and  beauvillier's contracts without taking cap back, the team can find players that fit the style they want to play.

myers and beauvillier are on the last years of their contracts and can be not resigned after their contract are done or signed for lower cap hits.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

myers and beauvillier are on the last years of their contracts and can be not resigned after their contract are done or signed for lower cap hits.

Only applies to AB, as he will be an RFA. TM signs for whatever he can get(UFA)

edit: Whoops, just discovered AB will also be UFA next summer!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

To Rags 

Brock + 11OA + Fox's ol buddy Rathbone +4th they don't have one we have several sharing is caring. 

To Nux 

Kandre Miller + Will Cuylle + 2nd 2024 

We get our LD to pair with Hronek in the present tense. The Rags are under threat of a K'andre Miller offersheet so they side step that while adding a 70point guy who needs a change of scenery and isn't on the back 9 like their deadline acquisitions. I think Brock could do really well there in that environment. 

Our D looks really good all of a sudden

Hughes Schenn (or alike)

Miller Hronek

OEL Myers (re sign 2Mish next year)

Cuylle is a beast we get a 21 yearold budding PWF and a 2nd in a draft bursting with D. 

Originally I had tried to work Lafreniere into this somehow but na. I don't think he makes the trade better on either side. They save face by not selling low and we don't add another redundant winger. Cuylle on the other hand is something we don't have a pugnacious goal scorer.  

Sign Kandre Miller around that 4.3M threshold where a contender would have to pay them a late 1st and a late 3rd I think the 11th would be more attractive.  Even 5m with term the kid is 23yo 6'4 220 and will play 20 quality mins a night. This will be a bargain.  

This gives us 1.5-2m cap space with the cap going up a mill or so, that should be enough to add a 3C. Hopefully we also can move one of Beauvellier at the draft add a pick to get a 2nd kind of thing. But if not we don't build Rome in a day. I think both of their (Garland Beau) value will only go up without Brock soaking up all the prime minutes. 

When Myers expires I think he will sign at a discount. We have a bit of flexability to find a partner for Hughes. 

Honestly I think our FWD group looks good. We have some great callups in Abby too. 

Kuz Pete Beauvellier 

Cuylle Miller Garland (match up)  

Mik XXXX Pod/Hog (Checking)

Dakota Aman Guiseppe

Even if Cuylle plays 4th line or cooks in the A and we can't move Beauvellier it isn't a travesty. 

Would rather do this than draft another winger. FWIW.

Rangers don't want Boeser and his 6.7 million X 2 years..Miller is a young stud 6'5,  220 lb #3 D man. ..

Rangers hard pass they can do many other things to get a winger.. Wingers are much easier to find..

Top end D men and #1 and #2 centres are also hard to find..

Boeser is also slow and teams have other options..Don't get me wrong Boeser could score 25--32 G but realistically I see Boeser..

Gp 75  G 21--25 --   56 - 61 points -- Pay scale should be like 5.1--5.5 million  

• Like 1

Doubt they move Miller, he's surely part of their future core. We've got more chance snagging Schneider and I think we have no chance getting him either. They're a hard team to read - they need wingers for sure, and have a solid young defence but not really any players they can afford to lose. Looking at their roster on D, they have Miller as top LD, Lindgren as 2nd pairing LD, Fox as 1st RD, Trouba as 2nd RD and Schneider sitting as 3rd RD. I would think Schneider really is the most poachable - he's not stealing minutes of Fox (probably ever) or even Trouba any time soon. They can't afford to lose Miller because their depth on LD is nowhere near as solid, and they don't have too many good defensive prospects left (a couple of former 2nd and 3rd round picks).

Boeser + 1st for Schneider + 1st

Wonder if that gets done? We draft a defenceman with their pick and really swap a positional strength for positional need in a heart-beat. They have the 22nd overall pick, we could walk away with someone like Willander, Lindstein, Strbak, Simashev etc. Really depends who's available at 11OA but if this trade is on the table I'd do it.

NYR lost in round 1 because they were helpless against NJD's speed and couldn't get to the net.  Boeser not really the player that's going to help them with that.

NYR in win now mode so draft picks don't hold all that much value for them.  Dolan really an impatient owner.  He fired Davidson/Gorton because he felt they were building a team that was far too skilled and lacked toughness.  Hard to believe they'd want a winger like Boeser. 

Edited by mll

14 hours ago, Tyndall2 said:

Nope.  Do not trade your first round draft choice this year.  

Brock + 11OA + Fox's ol buddy Rathbone +4th.......for K'Andre Miller? I'd be down with that. Dude's what we need on defence.