The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Canucks linked to an intriguing Right Handed Defenseman: The interest is mutual

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

If Canucks sign Severson, they would have the most expensive blue line in the NHL.

OEL - $7.2
Hughes - $7.8
Myers - $6

Sev - $6

Hronek- $4.4 (probably will be $6+)

:wacko:

Myers is on the way out one way or another.

13 hours ago, RWJC said:

In no way should we be shopping for any large price tag UFAs. Totally nonsensical to go that route at this point in time. Enough with the Groundhog Day mistakes please.

This team hasn't earned the addition of players like Severson. Until this core stops underperforming and sputtering along, I wouldn't be spending any more assets/dollars-term. We're only prolonging the problem.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who constructed this and over what body of water was this ungulate transported?

I think that’s Lake Baringo in Kenya.

https://people.com/pets/giraffe-rescue-kenya-giraffes-floated-off-flooded-island/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts/article/episode-5-giraffes-on-a-boat

9 giraffes found themselves stranded when the lake flooded and the peninsula the giraffes called home suddenly turned into an island.

Giraffes apparently can’t swim.

I think all of the giraffes were rescued and successfully relocated to a sanctuary. :) 

Much happier story than the one out of South Africa a few years back where some giraffes were being trucked, blindfolded in a flatbed, to a new location and somebody forgot to check the height clearances for the route. At least one giraffe died after hitting its head into an overpass at highway speeds. :( 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, KKnight said:

Hronek is better and will probably be cheaper than Severson, after we lock him up long term. 

We need a physical shut down RHD or I would keep an eye on C.Tanev. 

Interesting take. Severson is about to get paid this summer (hopefully not by us). But personally I'd be shocked if he makes more then Hronek. I'm entirely ready for Hroneks number to come in huge. Between us being desperate for RHD, him knowing we traded for him, and the cap going up... Man that could be a massive contract.

8 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

We should pick up Philippe Myers from T-bay.

Patterns in chaos. — 5m80

There's a lot of great giraffe gifs out there.:)

Huh. I’d just read a National Geographic article that claimed giraffes can’t swim. But clearly from that gif, not only do giraffes swim, but they’re even highly accomplished divers! Typical fake news from National Geographic. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Hronek is better and will probably be cheaper than Severson, after we lock him up long term. 

We need a physical shut down RHD or I would keep an eye on C.Tanev. 

Seravalli pegs him in the Morgan Rielly range - 7.5M.  He says it starts for sure with a 7 - he doesn't expect it to go as high as 8.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think that’s Lake Baringo in Kenya.

https://people.com/pets/giraffe-rescue-kenya-giraffes-floated-off-flooded-island/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts/article/episode-5-giraffes-on-a-boat

9 giraffes found themselves stranded when the lake flooded and the peninsula the giraffes called home suddenly turned into an island.

Giraffes apparently can’t swim.

I think all of the giraffes were rescued and successfully relocated to a sanctuary. :) 

Much happier story than the one out of South Africa a few years back where some giraffes were being trucked, blindfolded in a flatbed, to a new location and somebody forgot to check the height clearances for the route. At least one giraffe died after hitting its head into an overpass at highway speeds. :( 

You truly are a wealth of information, SID

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

a right side of Hronek, Severson, Bear, Schenn is fine

a D corps of 

Hughes Severson

OEL Hronek

UFA? Bear

Hirose Schenn ( A, NMC)

is probably league average or slightly better

Your Bottom pair is listed; Hirose Schenn. Just say no to Bear.

Once again, this is only plausible IF you could trade Myers or Boeser early; not gonna happen.

15 hours ago, RWJC said:

In no way should we be shopping for any large price tag UFAs. Totally nonsensical to go that route at this point in time. Enough with the Groundhog Day mistakes please.

Exactly. That's the mess we're trying to clean up, not add to.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, mll said:

Seravalli pegs him in the Morgan Rielly range - 7.5M.  He says it starts for sure with a 7 - he doesn't expect it to go as high as 8.  

Who? Hronek or Severson? I think Hronek at 6-6.5 over 6-7 is fair. 

1 hour ago, MattWN. said:

This team hasn't earned the addition of players like Severson. Until this core stops underperforming and sputtering along, I wouldn't be spending any more assets/dollars-term. We're only prolonging the problem.

That is absolutely not how improving a team works :lol: