The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Canucks linked to an intriguing Right Handed Defenseman: The interest is mutual

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

He's a bit better than Myers, but yeah... Not the D we need, going to cost too much, for too long, only to be an ill fit on this roster and have fans worrying about how we get rid of him and his cap hit sooner than later.

No thanks.

You would expect he would pair with Hughes better than Myers could ever.

But I agree it would be a similar type of contract and with OEL and an upcoming Hronek extension our Defence would be stupid expensive and it could age horribly quickly especially if he didn't fit in his first year

42 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

You are correct. I hadn’t thought it true. I just want OEL gone so badly that it’s clouded my judgement. 

Wait until Jim Benning becomes a GM of another NHL team.  He'll want his prized possession back.  It's the least he can do for the team he crippled.

:ph34r:

• There it is 1

If the Canucks didn't just bring in Hronek I would have been interested in Severson. However, now that we have Hronek I would really prefer that the Canucks go after a true shutdown guy to compliment the top 4 rather than a PP2/PK2 guy.

• Like 1

so not only do we need to magically move cap out prior to july 1st which is probably going to be impossible without sweeteners.. we want to call NJD and give them a draftpick for the rights?? lol bs.. any cap related move prior to july 1st will cost heavy.. because team knows you want to move cap so u have money to spend on july 1st.. 

5 hours ago, R3aL said:

In a hypothetically mystical world where we add another $6M dollar Dman to our back end:

Hughes-Severson

OEL-Hronek

Bear-Myers

That's what we would be looking at...

Looks stupid.

It does look stupid haha We truly need shutdown defencemen. None of them fit that description. In theory those are all pretty good Dmen but it’s unbalanced af 

• Vintage 1

Severson looks to short and too expensive.

We already have 3 expensive D when Myers is gone and we have a lot of youngsters that might fit in within 2 seasons.

So for me I wonder who ever spread that rumour.

I would be very surprised if it is mutual i terest.

7 hours ago, BPA said:

$6M x 6yrs.

Ugh…Myers and LE special.

Both signed on teams that were nowhere near competing/contending. Maybe on a team much closer to contending than the previous rosters that LE and Myers became a main piece of, this is a move that actually brings the impact that was expected when LE joined an aged out youth-less team and Myers joining an inexperienced team.

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

Both signed on teams that were nowhere near competing/contending. Maybe on a team much closer to contending than the previous rosters that LE and Myers became a main piece of, this is a move that actually brings the impact that was expected when LE joined an aged out youth-less team and Myers joining an inexperienced team.

So maybe in a couple years then. 
No matter how bad the year, and this year was worse than last, we believe we are almost there because of a coaching bump or hot streak at the end. Let’s keep being satisfied with mediocre so we can stay there. 

More teams looking for D than there are D available.

That is a recipe for seeing players overpaid.

Severson is a fine player, but keep in mind he was outplayed by Marino who we could have gotten for basically nothing last offseason if we just had some open cap space.

I am preparing to be really disappointed about how the team will again be unable to fix the roster this summer.

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

More teams looking for D than there are D available.

That is a recipe for seeing players overpaid.

Severson is a fine player, but keep in mind he was outplayed by Marino who we could have gotten for basically nothing last offseason if we just had some open cap space.

I am preparing to be really disappointed about how the team will again be unable to fix the roster this summer.

Sevrson is a far better player than Marino. Marino is a McSofty. Guy never takes body contact to free up picks. His soft play is a major reason why the Devils got destroyed in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, R3aL said:

You would expect he would pair with Hughes better than Myers could ever.

But I agree it would be a similar type of contract and with OEL and an upcoming Hronek extension our Defence would be stupid expensive and it could age horribly quickly especially if he didn't fit in his first year

Marginally better maybe. That ain't saying much. He's simply not the D we need, ESPECIALLY with the Hronek acquisition.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Let's just bring back Bear, that would be the prudent move.

Then again, knowing this management's affinity towards name players (e.g. trading for OEL), I think Severson may very well be coming in 24 days.

That wasn't THIS management FYI.

• Cheers 1