The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Oliver Ekman-Larsson

3 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Anyone think he retires? Or heads off to sweden or somewhere. I cant imagine he will be a highly prized ufa this year

Could see him getting a 1 year show me deal on a contending team like Boston, 1 mil or something like that. See how he does in a reduced role

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I would have ridden out next year when other guys expire, when cap goes up and seeing whether OEL bounces back then reevaluating our cap situation as well as buying out OEL personally. 

Me too. I can't help but to think something could have been done to move Myers without added expense. 6m extra cap would have made all the difference.

32 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Whats hilarious is that we finally got rid of Luongo's recapture penalty, than assumed Holtby's and Virtanen's buyout, and now as that ends, OEL's buyout begins.  Its like we like having dead cap for fun

Have any Cup winning teams carried dead cap on their roster?  LTIR - yes, but true dead cap from a buyout?  I haven't looked into it, but I'm guessing no.

5 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

If we leverage this buyout to make an Erhoff-type trade, the risk could pay off

I'll reserve judgement until we see the next moves.  The question is, does this management team have what it takes to pull it off?  

Does this mean we're not moving Myers? 

I can't see us re-signing Bear now that he needs shoulder surgery, they'll probably let him walk.  

Welp, we're finally rebuilding the defense and that's exciting.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Yeah, I'm honestly done watching this team until these clowns get out of office. They are awful managers.

Same.  I wanted them gone before but this is far too damaging even if the entire group was replaced by competent management the next day.  

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • elephant 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

What the hell???  This is a really short sighted move.  Feels about the same as when Benning traded for OEL/Garland in the first place.  Really about ready to just give up watching this team and this sport.  First the expansion VGK cup win, and now this...

I don’t love it either but I guess it’s a “yolo” move lol.

What the hey I say!  Go Canucks Go! Lol

• Upvote 1

I wonder about a UFA player like Carson Soucy. Have always thought highly of him when I've watched him play. He's 6'5 210. Would maybe cost us 3 million? Seattle fans help me out here? Is he a bottom pairing guy or could he play next to Hronek 

• RoughGame 1

And I thought we were finally turning a corner with Rutherford/Allvin.

They make some good additions from a pro-scouting perspective, they bring in a good coach, they beef up the development, and now this. Jim Benning-esque move.

Now they'll turn around & overpay a UFA to fill his spot, saddling us with another onerous contract

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1