The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to Calgary for Lindholm

57 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

So you want people expressing varying views, but you don't like me expressing my varying view? We might have to hash this one out over a beer lol. 

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

I didn't say you can't express your view, I said if you don't like trade Miller threads than you're more than welcome to not engage with em, I didn't say you're not allowed to 

But yeah, if you're anywhere nearby we can do the beer thing and go back and forth, it'd be boring if we all agreed about everything

And let's be real, whether some of us admit or not we enjoy the arguing and the discourse, haha

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I didn't say you can't express your view, I said if you don't like trade Miller threads than you're more than welcome to not engage with em, I didn't say you're not allowed to 

But yeah, if you're anywhere nearby we can do the beer thing and go back and forth, it'd be boring if we all agreed about everything

And let's be real, whether some of us admit or not we enjoy the arguing and the discourse, haha

Fair enough, when you said "Point is, you don't need to defend Miller" and "If you don't like trade Miller threads you're more than welcome to click on a different one" I got the impression you'd rather I stay quiet on this topic which seems contrary to letting everyone express their views.

I actually wasn't a huge fan of the Miller extension initially, after seeing a bit too much lazy play and sulking from him earlier last season, but I've really come around as I think he's exactly the type of guy that will thrive under Tocchet, and I was impressed that he got back to a point-per-game pace. He's always going to be a bit mercurial, but with that comes a real passion for winning that I think is really good for the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

He’s almost 2 years younger and 2 Million cheaper. Great 2 way game. I’m sure he’d more than likely extend here with our Swedish connection.

Interesting proposal. Lindholm would be a great add, and improve our PK.

Wonder what the trade off on offence would be vs. JTM?  If he played the matchup role with Mikheyev, they could make the 3rd line a scoring line.

6 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Miller drives play. Lindholm does not. Hence his lackluster season once Johnny and MT left town. We lose this trade every day of the week.

That sounds right from watching him play vs the Canucks.

Losing JT would be a big blow to our PP…

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Cheers 1

Well, IMO.............Calgary is in a tight spot......If they start moving guys like Lindholm for picks and prospects, first the team will rebell, secondly, teams will offer crap. But if they can make a player for player deal. or players for players deal, they can continue to compete until they age out.

Miller is better than Lindholm, and Lindholm wants out.............advantage Canucks!

I would like to see a 2 for 2 deal................

Miller ($8,000,000), and Boeser ($6,650,000) for Lindholm ($4,850,000) , Weegar ($6,250,000)  

Understanding that the caps equal out well pretty well and Calgary has 3 RHD in Anderson, Tanev and Weegar

Maybe we retain on Boeser to even it out completely 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

He’s almost 2 years younger and 2 Million cheaper. Great 2 way game. I’m sure he’d more than likely extend here with our Swedish connection.

He won't be cheaper when he signs his next contract.  He is looking for the BO special.  He will be 30 next year.  Do you want to give a 30-year-old Lindholm an 8.5x8 contract?

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He won't be cheaper when he signs his next contract.  He is looking for the BO special.  He will be 30 next year.  Do you want to give a 30-year-old Lindholm an 8.5x8 contract?

And Miller is by far the better player and in a sweetheart deal. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

All these Calgary stars want to cash in like Tchuk did. And they want to jump ship not change ships. So we need to get guys that want to be here. We do not need to buy expensive rentals.

And we won’t. Benning, the worst GM we ever had, is gone. We have smart management again. 
Benning :picard:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, IMO.............Calgary is in a tight spot......If they start moving guys like Lindholm for picks and prospects, first the team will rebell, secondly, teams will offer crap. But if they can make a player for player deal. or players for players deal, they can continue to compete until they age out.

Miller is better than Lindholm, and Lindholm wants out.............advantage Canucks!

Miller ($8,000,000), and Boeser ($6,650,000) for Lindholm ($4,850,000) , Weegar ($6,250,000)  

Understanding that the caps equal out well pretty well and Calgary has 3 RHD in Anderson, Tanev and Weegar

This is where Calgary makes a good trading partner for teams who have contracts to move (with term). They've got a few players (Lindholm & Hanifin) that they absolutely MUST move in the next 8 months. Players like Garland and Klimovich may be of interest but of course would require sweeteners, but I think only small sweeteners since they're in tough with those players wanting out...I'd say a 3rd and 4th in 2023 and a 3rd in 2025...it would be worth it to get 2 players like Lindholm and Hanifin (as long as we get the commitment from them to re-sign prior to trading for them).

Of course the problem is, there may be buyers / contenders willing to move their 1st's to acquire either so we may be on the outside looking in on either of them.

Edited by ABNuck

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

How is it advantage Canucks if Miller is the better player? 

Flames would win that trade and the Canucks would be stuck with an even worse contract.