The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade Kevin Hayes to Blues for 2024 6th-round pick

53 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Good luck to any future contract talks if they did that.

It's well within their rights as the contract was negotiated with a specific "no trade" they didn't give him a "no move". Can't get mad at a player for using their negotiated rights and vice versa.

Edited by coryberg

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In another note Canucks are finally free from the OEL buyout but didn't realize in the small print we also signed his cousin "Vinny" Johanssen-Larsson to an 8 year deal starting in 2029 which we immediately bought out resulting in a 16 year payout ending in 2045. This is shaping up to be a big year for the Canucks as it's also the first time in 49 years they will have a second round pick in the upcoming draft. Exciting times ahead for your Canucks. :lol: Haha alright I've had my fun for the day. Back to the draft ... 48 hours and counting!

• Haha 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Flyers trade Kevin Hayes to Blues for 2024 6th-round pick

Wow, Danny Briere is retaining half of the salary for a 6th round pick? 

Steal of a deal for St Louis, Kevin Hayes is a good two way center when healthy. 

So Philly is trading Kevin Hayes, retaining 50% of his salary, and getting nothing in return?  Potentially the biggest trade in NHL history is now a salary dump with retention?   :lol:

And some people thought we would get something in return if we retained 50% of OEL's contract...

I think one if the worst things about the NHL cba is the NTC/NMC clause. 

Many players have all Canadian teams on their NTC lists. Everyone wants to play on big market US teams. 

IMO NHL has to fight hard to make changes to this clause at next CBA negotiations. . Make some changes where all teams in the league have more of an equal opportunity to trade for players they are willing to pay for. 

It's hard to get UFAs to sign in a lot of markets and on top of that players won't accept trades to those same teams. 

Philly is not one of those teams. I think this has mostly to do with Krug not wanting to play for Torts going into UFA as it could cost him millions on his next contract if he and Torts don't get along. 

But imo some changes need to be made where NTCs are limited to 1 team in each division or something like that...

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Oh, it happened.

I still haven't decided if Weekes is a genius or an nincompoop for the way he has decided to just post his forehead in all his videos. It bothered me immensely when he started doing it, but I'm finding it increasingly funny. 

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I still haven't decided if Weekes is a genius or an nincompoop for the way he has decided to just post his forehead in all his videos. It bothered me immensely when he started doing it, but I'm finding it increasingly funny. 

There was this one time when he pulled over on the highway to break a trade. And there was another time when he broke a trade from the barbershop. :lol: 

• Vintage 1