The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

True. I just dont like them being that tough.

Our barn is always filled with their fans when they visit, and now they have a top goon to cheer for...

I like how you are so worried about a largely useless player.

CDC obsesses way too much over tough guys, and tend to overvalued their importance.

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

3.3 for 3 years for San Jose.

For what he brought here, especially when we have such a lack of physical defensive defencemen with Schenn gone, it should have been a slam dunk to match that offer.

Skill wise he was way undervalued here.  From my eye test, he was one of our best D with recovering the puck and making quick smart accurate passes to forwards. + added bonus of willing to stand up and fight.  Someone on the Sharks pro-scouting staff was smart.

Edit....update.  Signed Cole to 3 mill for one year.  Almost the same as Burroughs 3 year deal. Ridiculous. 

Burroughs was too lightweight for being a fighter. He was not a sollution for the team.

It’s better to do these kind of decision asap.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jam126 said:

I like how you are so worried about a largely useless player.

CDC obsesses way too much over tough guys, and tend to overvalued their importance.

I'm not worried. And dont peg all of CDC on just me. 

I dont like seeing us pounded. Thats all.

I also dont over value stupid Reaves. Dont want him. Just dont want the piece of sh*t Leaves to get tougher.

• Upvote 1

Some warm bodies til next summer when we actually have cap to work with. Then we don't have cap to work with the following 2 summers. Ian Cole is nice to have, but also not really? 19 minutes a game playing behind Sergachev and Hedman. So that's actually a pretty good sign. But at 34 can he play behind Hughes and only Hughes? And being a 1 year this is like I said just a warm body til next summer is my guess.

Blueger is borderline a 4th liner. But with 19% ozone starts, I guess he's just out there hoping to survive the offensive onslaught so guys like Petey, Kuz and Boeser don't have to. Great faceoff numbers and can PK. Nothing wrong with 1 year deals while we wait out Beauvillier's and Myers' contracts. Might even be able to trade Garland next summer. Then we'll have actual cap to target actual players we plan on using more than 1 year.

• AngryElf changed the title to [GDT] WE'RE DOING SO MANY THINGS - COLE, BLEUGER, AND SOUCY ARE VANCOUVER BOUND