The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Full list of players not given Qualifying Offers

54 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

mcleod, wow, sign him!!!!!

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I dunno man WJC scandal has me worried. 

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Same.  Wouldn't touch anyone from that roster until the report comes out.

Yep, the fact that NJ didn't qualify him when his QO was only 1M is a major red flag that he was probably part of the WJC scandal. Also if I remember correctly he was one of only 3 or so guys that didn't make any statement on it.

Edited by Diamonds

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Geekie is he a centre or a winger?

He took 600 faceoffs last year so I would consider him a center. He's definitely a guy I would look at.

I'd also be interested in kicking the tires on Jost. His QO was 2.25M so might have been not extended because Buffalo thinks he's worth closer to 1.5M maybe.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Christian Fisher is a gritty, big RW penalty killer who can provide secondary scoring.  Great pick up for our bottom six.

Lots of these names are upgrades at the bottom of our roster, and if you can convince them that they will get more opportunity with us as a bad team we might have a chance on getting them.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Christian Fisher is a gritty, big RW penalty killer who can provide secondary scoring.  Great pick up for our bottom six.

Lots of these names are upgrades at the bottom of our roster, and if you can convince them that they will get more opportunity with us as a bad team we might have a chance on getting them.

Asplund, Fischer and Bastian would all be solid bottom 9 gets that play a big, fast, gritty, 2 way game. Exactly the sorts we should be looking for, and the right age group.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Asplund, Fischer and Bastian would all be solid bottom 9 gets that play a big, fast, gritty, 2 way game. Exactly the sorts we should be looking for, and the right age group.

Seems like Tocchet style hockey

• There it is 1

Comtois, Geekie, Fischer, MacEwen, Foote, Bastian, and Gadjovich are some of the guys I’d be interested in for sure.

Especially Geekie and Fischer.

• Vintage 1

Don’t mind a bottom 6 of:

Comtois/Geekie/Fischer

Joshua/Aman/MacEwen

Speed, size, and grit. Like that is a SIGNIFICANTLY better bottom 6 than Studnicka, Dries, and like whatever else was there. All under 26 and with the current age of the core.

Beauvillier or Garland would have to go.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Don’t mind a bottom 6 of:

Comtois/Geekie/Fischer

Joshua/Aman/MacEwen

Speed, size, and grit. Like that is a SIGNIFICANTLY better bottom 6 than Studnicka, Dries, and like whatever else was there.

Beauvillier or Garland would have to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if many teams, including the Canucks have contingency trades in place if they do or do not land the guys that they are targeting in free agency. I would think the rumored deal that we have in place with San Jose would be to move Myers IF we land the RD that we're chasing.

• Cheers 1