The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Full list of players not given Qualifying Offers

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Same.  Wouldn't touch anyone from that roster until the report comes out.

^^ 100%

I seem to recall reading that no names of offenders would ever be made public which is so wrong. 
I could be mistaken however  I recall seeing that. 

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

I wouldn't be surprised if many teams, including the Canucks have contingency trades in place if they do or do not land the guys that they are targeting in free agency. I would think the rumored deal that we have in place with San Jose would be to move Myers IF we land the RD that we're chasing.

Actually, Myers to SJ is on the contingent that a Karlsson deal gets done. But yes, Myers, Beauvillier, and perhaps even Garland would definitely be in line with the “major surgery” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yup!

A also remember when half this board went nuts because we didn't draft Benson. Will be interesting to see how he turns out in 4 or 5 years...

This list has a fair share of failed 1st round picks. As I like to tell everyone, there is NO guarantees in the draft.

I feel like that was a personal attack. It's to soon for me to talk about Benson... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Podz92 said:

So Detroit is buying out Yamamoto and didn't qualify Kostin...seems kinda shady to me. Watch for a 'Thank You' trade between Edmonton and Detroit in the future....

This trade is so fishy. Stevie Y essentially bailed out the Oilers for absolutely nothing and paid Yamaoto buyout money for it. 

How is their ownership even cool with this?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

So Seattle's version of Garland? Probably not a player we need as he isn't physical and doesn't PK.

Garland has no value because he's struggled to find a teammate and he's overpaid.  Not because he isn't a good player.

I guess Sprong was gonna get a big deal in arbitration so Francis didn't even bother.

Fischer would be a good add to our bottom 6 as well as some of the C names out there. Winger though so low priority. Familiarity with Tocchet. Size, physicality, PK ability and can produce decent numbers for a checking forward. 

Clear a winger first. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

Garland has no value because he's struggled to find a teammate and he's overpaid.  Not because he isn't a good player.

I guess Sprong was gonna get a big deal in arbitration so Francis didn't even bother.

Was more referring to the good at 5v5 but not very effective anywhere else. Might be one of the reasons we've struggled to find a trade parter for him.

Man, people around here are going to get disappointed thinking we are going to sign 3-4 guys on that list.

i don’t think these names are going to be the first name we here tomorrow.  There are bigger fish to fry

At best the Canucks will kick the tire on 3-4 of these guys, make 1 or 2 serious offer, and end up signing 1 or none.

We have to move players first before even thinking of signing depth, project players.