The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Carson Soucy

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Cole actually played a lot of minutes on the top right pairing, so I would imagine he is the Hughes partner now.

The good thing about any partner for Hughes is he makes it easier for them and they will play more limited minutes as they won’t be on the PP with him.

Nice, sounds like a good stop gap partner for Hughes, who can really shelter partners

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So in a span of a few weeks. PA has managed to completely re-jig our defence, add to the defensive depth pool. And give us a very different look on the back end.

I'm just not sure if I can handle this.

Me either haha.

It's amazing and refreshing to see competency in the FO, and changes being made when needed, and being done in the proper way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So in a span of a few weeks. PA has managed to completely re-jig our defence, add to the defensive depth pool. And give us a very different look on the back end.

I'm just not sure if I can handle this.

I love what we did to add to our core, what I really want to see is how we do under pressure when the season starts

• Like 2

I am going to say, watching TSN… they are just crap with their coverage this year.

They hadn’t even mentioned any Canucks signings.

Friedman is breaking all the signings.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Me either haha.

It's amazing and refreshing to see competency in the FO, and changes being made when needed, and being done in the proper way.

I think this is what is blowing my mind. JR/PA have done more in less than 2 years than JB did in what 8?

• Upvote 1

Has the Soucy-Hronek experiment had officially begun in Van?  

(Coach has options and we’re likely not done…) caveats aside, while it’s not the high end top pair I was hoping for, but it’s a big league top 4 pair from the looks of it. 

It’s enough to have me hopeful anyways.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am going to say, watching TSN… they are just crap with their coverage this year.

I think TSN has just given up on the NHL and is not really trying. Bell has really run that network into the ground.

• Upvote 1

So I wonder how much more it will take for the naysayers to accept that we finally have a competent front office. 

This team is turning a corner here without hobbling the future. Excited again to be a Canucks fan. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Myer will be moved once bonuses are paid for on Sept 15 and teams that struck out in UFA market for a D probably will kicking tires and I think he has 10 team no trade list that has to be submitted on July 1st so GMPA will have a good idea of who is needing a D can make a trade deal.  With 1.5 million of cap space left, they can make a pitch for 3rd line center at this price.   He is all but more likely be moved for something in return.

Bonuses are paid July 1st, not the start of the season/camp.

But not upset at any of these moves. Neither Soucy or Cole are top end but signed to reasonable deals and can slide in on either side. Short term help until we get better through prospects and other deals. And some size, so as long a they don't turn into really large pylons, I'm good.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

When they spent 30 min talking about Ryan Reaves signing, yea no time left for anything else. I would rather watch live streamers like hockey guy who's less biased even though he's a Canuck fan.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

So I wonder how much more it will take for the naysayers to accept that we finally have a competent front office. 

This team is turning a corner here without hobbling the future. Excited again to be a Canucks fan. 

I was just hoping for improvement. Not expecting competence!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think this is what is blowing my mind. JR/PA have done more in less than 2 years than JB did in what 8?

Yes, exactly. I purposefully avoided commenting on the previous regime, what with the delicate sensibilities and soft spots that many carry for JB, but I agree, it's mind blowing... 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Ok ok, that's not a bad deal. Adds up size to the lineup. I think I like this deal.

Awesome, it's good we added some size on defence. He can PK too. Between him and Hughes we got the left side covered.