The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) make your all-time Canucks lineup with $17

Rate this topic

Putgolzin

23 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

Could contain: People, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Boy, Child, Advertisement, Poster, Teen

Someone had this on X (Twitter) - I thought it was fun.

I’d pull some cheapies from the bargain bin in order to have Bure and Pettersson on the same line.

Burrows Pettersson Bure 

Jovanovski Salo

Miller

Miller. Ronning  Bure

Bieksa.  Ohlund

Mclean

I hope Kevin doesn't see this thread.

6 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Mogilny Smyl Bure

Lumme Salo

McLean

Our best playoff goalie,best player ever in Bure.

Smyl hard worker, Mogilny was just awesome.

Lumme was great on pk plus shot well.

Salo had a great shot and could defend well when healthy.

The hockey gods were trolling the Canucks when they made Salo virtually the only blueliner completely healthy for the 2011 post-season.  Pretty much the only other healthy (or heh non-suspended) blueliners were Keith Ballard & Nolan freaking Baumgartner.:lol:

• Haha 1

Why is Demko 4$, and McLean 3$...this is a playoff roster no?  3 Games versus a legendary run to the cup and some Vezina votes plus a finalist, going with the cheaper guy, who without checking, i'm sure still won the most playoff games for us.  

Best value - Ronning probably. 

Linden  Ronning Bure 

Hamhuis Bieksa 

McLean 

Sorry Salo you're out.    Can't count on Mr Glass.     Playoff's count.   Ronning was one of our best playoff performers ... and why no Larionov?   Not here long enough I guess.   Sure would have loved to see him in the bargain bin.   Courtnall and Adams also could be on here before some guys too. 

Edit:  Changed my mind, going with zero buck guy Babych instead of Hamhuis.    

Edited by IBatch

Best value here for sure is Ronning, Smyl and McLean.  Great bargain on the $1 guys altogether except for Cloutier who I would pay to not be on the team.  Anyway...

Forwards ... Bure / Ronning / Linden

Goalie...  McLean

Defense...  whatever.  Jovanovsi / Bieksa I guess.  Several passable combinations with the $4 remaining.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Burrows    Pettersson    Bure

Hughes   Bieksa

Cloutier

I borrowed a dollar to have a goalie in net. Pettersson Bure Hughes on the ice at the same time would be like the Oilers of the 1980’s. 

This what I’m going with. Don’t need a goalie with that line up ;) 

Jokes. I love Cloutier! Great character guy. 

• Cheers 1

How about an all-time team from that list?

Mogilny     Pettersson   Bure

Sedin        Sedin           Burrows

Bertuzzi    Linden         Naslund

Miller        Kesler          Smyl

Hughes           Tanev

Edler              Jovanovski

Hamhuis        Ohlund

Luongo   McLean

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Best value here for sure is Ronning, Smyl and McLean.  Great bargain on the $1 guys altogether except for Cloutier who I would pay to not be on the team.  Anyway...

Forwards ... Bure / Ronning / Linden

Goalie...  McLean

Defense...  whatever.  Jovanovsi / Bieksa I guess.  Several of passable combinations with the $4 remaining.

There are several other guys that could have got in there for a dollar ... Tanti.  Babych.   Lidster.  Kearns.    That's a good lineup!   Agree Smyl and the bargain bin (aside from Cloutier) is where to go.   If everyone else is valued at zero bucks ... then you could load up even more. 

On 8/11/2023 at 4:01 AM, Putgolzin said:

That's not a bad point - WCE came close to getting it done when they had Cloutier in net and Bertuzzi out of the lineup (one goal away from beating Calgary who took Tampa to game 7).

A truly great goalie probably puts them over the top.

But Bertuzzi wasn't in the lineup when they lost to CGY...and I think Cloutier was injured fairly early on in that series. WCE never really proved they could win.