The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Probably too much freedom of speech here. No longer politically correct or acceptable. People’s voices are being stifled everywhere you turn. Someone’s afraid to be associated with such open discussions and commentary.

This is cdc and apparently protected under the charter of rights.

"Under section 2of the Charter, Canadians are free to follow the religion of their choice. In addition, they are guaranteed freedom of thought, belief and expression. Since the media are an important means for communicating thoughts and ideas, the Charter protects the right of the press and other media to speak out."

Canadians don't have free speech, that's the American constitution.

Freedom of speech is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or a community to articulate their opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation, censorship, or legal sanction.

You really think you could express your own thoughts and ideas (not violating anyones rights) on cdc without fear of reprisals?

SN at the new one, expect the same results.

• Cheers 1

This has got to be, one of the stupidest decisions I've seen in a long time!

How do we sell more tickets? Ohhhh, I know, lets give fans LESS reasons to come to our site!

This is Sears letting Amazon replace them on home shopping, because they didn't think the "Internet" would ever catch on level of stupid!
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Wow, I came to this forum after several months to see what's up with the team to start the year and find this.  I can't believe this part of my life is just gonna be gone.  This forum was probably the main reason why I have followed the Canucks so intently the past 8 years where they have sucked for most of them.  From arguing with coconuts to laughing at Elias Pettersson pretending to be the real thing and the gassy jack memes, this is going to be a very hard hole to fill.  Whenever I've just wanted to vent about the Canucks or make my idea known or talk shit about Calgarypuck salty posts I've posted on here.

We have been spoiled with the best forum community in the league and I can't believe it is shutting down.  No other team comes close to the community we all have here.  I'm going to keep cheering the Canucks on, but it is going to be hard not having this forum up on another screen during the game to enjoy it all with the rest of you.  It's honestly hard to sit down for a full game every two days with nothing else, but this place has kept me fully invested even when the Canucks have sucked.

I have so many more thoughts, but I'm going to leave it at that.  I really hope we would be able to set something up so we can continue this tight knit community.

Look up ........SN has is covered.  An almost exact replica

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Before reading anyone's posts, just want to say, what a terrific journey it's been sharing with you all.  Special shout out to my brother, the biggest Canuck fan I know.  His love of the Canucks and hockey got an analog fellow like myself, onto the forum and eventually joined.    Appreciate all of you, and am very grateful to have the added value it's brought watching and discussing the sport. 

Lots of personalities on here.   Going to miss discussing hockey with Biestra, Elias Petterson (thanks for the big trip down memory lane this summer with the Gretzky thread),  those folks out in small town BC you know who your are,   Smithers Joe and all the elders who's wisdom i've always sought in the real world about players I only heard about play.   Spook007 and other fans far away, whose input i've enjoyed almost daily the past decade.

And special gratitude to the moderators,  Deb especially, keep ringing that cowbell!.    AJ for your interest in hockey history,  those time consuming threads were a lot of fun, and thanks for the effort and time you provided all of us those summers.   Vintage for being a computer. 

And so many others.   Even the "bad" ones.  A guy/gal named the Gaurdian, who's devils advocate position around our re-tool might have been over the top in the way it was presented,  and some others on this site today, keeping it real.   Don't like to hear it but at least the site wasn't Vanilla.   Some kids who made it fun posting 20 threads in a couple days.   Nice to see those balls. 

HKSR.   Recently BobLaw adding WAR cards ... Characters like Alflives.  Too many to bring up, apologies for missing a bunch.  What a wonderful colourful bunch of fans, thanks everyone, for sharing your ideas and thoughts and hockey memories.  

Been some good talks.  Glad you and a few others around these here parts felt like talking or hearing about Mel Bridgman, Richard Brodeur, Doug Lidster, Hakan Loob, Mike Liut, Dave Babych, John Tonelli and all those other old dogs.

I guess 187 lb Enforcers knew what he was doing and left before the bar closed.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

hehe yah I found it just after I posted.  But still, a lot of members from this one will be left behind.  I was just lucky I checked in before the season started

I think as long as we're all doing our part putting the word out, most will get there.

• Cheers 1

Oh man, this sucks. This place has been great over the years. Lots of diverse opinions, with a shared interest to see the Canucks win. I would have loved to see this place explode when the Canucks finally win the cup.

Some folks are talking about an alternate site to go to - where is that? Feel free to pm me with any details.

I truly think this is a short sited and bad decision to close the site. Sure, we as fans can be critical at times, but it’s all because we want this team to move in the right direction, and it’s this kind of place that actually has made me as a fan more dedicated and passionate, because there has been a whole virtual community to share the insights, experiences and fun of being a fan of the team.

Just now, Slegr said:

Oh man, this sucks. This place has been great over the years. Lots of diverse opinions, with a shared interest to see the Canucks win. I would have loved to see this place explode when the Canucks finally win the cup.

Some folks are talking about an alternate site to go to - where is that? Feel free to pm me with any details.

I truly think this is a short sited and bad decision to close the site. Sure, we as fans can be critical at times, but it’s all because we want this team to move in the right direction, and it’s this kind of place that actually has made me as a fan more dedicated and passionate, because there has been a whole virtual community to share the insights, experiences and fun of being a fan of the team.

https://www.forumcanucks.com/

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1