The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

I was here during the peak of the WCE. Didn’t post a lot. Plus, I stopped coming here until 4 years ago before COVID. All Canucks and hockey news, I checked here. I’ve lived here in San Jose since 1990, so Canucks is the only thing that keeps me connected to Vancouver. I was disappointed in seeing the Sharks message boards like a ghost town for a long time. Bay Area isn’t really hockey crazy. Therefore, I was happy Canucks has a better foundation for their fan base. Twitter or X has limited text, so discussions aren’t in depth, but toxic fans keep insulting. I like the various sub folders. The prospects is great because I can read about these young players and when they became apart of the team. Trade proposals can be ridiculous, but I laugh every time someone suggests trading 1st round picks. The bickering here is more exciting than a 30 second Mike Tyson fight. Thank you all for making this a great place on the internet. Message boards are a dying breed and will fade away like instant messagers and chat rooms. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

It's more than disappointing that none of the moderators are in a postion to comment on the reason for the shut-down. I don't get why it shouldn't be possible to provide some transparency. The statement that they want to focus on other social media channels sounds like more of an excuse. Having said this, I always were very pleased with the functionality of this forum. I mean all the features that this forum had to offer made it fun to be here. Will certainly miss the opportunity to talk about hockey on a forum like this. Have tried other forums like the RedWings forum, but these aren't as sophisticated as CDC. I've been becoming more of a basketball fan lately, so I will try to sign up on a NBA teams forum.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Infomercial2000 said:

I was here during the peak of the WCE. Didn’t post a lot. Plus, I stopped coming here until 4 years ago before COVID. All Canucks and hockey news, I checked here. I’ve lived here in San Jose since 1990, so Canucks is the only thing that keeps me connected to Vancouver. I was disappointed in seeing the Sharks message boards like a ghost town for a long time. Bay Area isn’t really hockey crazy. Therefore, I was happy Canucks has a better foundation for their fan base. Twitter or X has limited text, so discussions aren’t in depth, but toxic fans keep insulting. I like the various sub folders. The prospects is great because I can read about these young players and when they became apart of the team. Trade proposals can be ridiculous, but I laugh every time someone suggests trading 1st round picks. The bickering here is more exciting than a 30 second Mike Tyson fight. Thank you all for making this a great place on the internet. Message boards are a dying breed and will fade away like instant messagers and chat rooms. 

3 minutes ago, Infomercial2000 said:

https://www.forumcanucks.com/

Let's keep the party going!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

It's more than disappointing that none of the moderators are in a postion to comment on the reason for the shut-down. I don't get why it shouldn't be possible to provide some transparency. The statement that they want to focus on other social media channels sounds like more of an excuse. Having said this, I always were very pleased with the functionality of this forum. I mean all the features that this forum had to offer made it fun to be here. Will certainly miss the opportunity to talk about hockey on a forum like this. Have tried other forums like the RedWings forum, but these aren't as sophisticated as CDC. I've been becoming more of a basketball fan lately, so I will try to sign up on a NBA teams forum.

Show Me The Money GIF