The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Vintage Canuck

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

Vintage Canuck   

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, we know for a fact that VC works for the Canucks.  That nails it down to several hundred people.  He joined the forum on May 24, 2010, so we know his employment start date.  If someone spent some time we could probably figure it out...

Problem is, he didn't join the moderating team until years after that. When RNT, diesel, and I also joined.

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Problem is, he didn't join the moderating team until years after that. When RNT, diesel, and I also joined.

True.  The running theory is Vintage is, or was, more than one person.  If you look at his posting history, it is quite different now than 10 years ago.  Sounds like different people.  His posts from 2010/2011 sound like he's pretty young, much different than now.

If I had to guess, the Vintage of today is not the same person from 2010.  And he, or she, started working for the Canucks much later than 2010.  The Vintage of today is 100% a Vancouver Canucks employee.  Nobody could spend this much time on this forum without being paid.  He averages probably 50 posts per day plus all the research that goes into the posts.  He's not just replying to people.  He's posting relevant Canucks and NHL information daily...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AngryElf said:

The theory I heard a number of years back and really like is that VC is Dan Murphy. 

Regardless, we love you, Vintage!

That would be funny if it was Dan Murphy, but who knows who Vintage Canuck is! 

Edited by brilac

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True.  The running theory is Vintage is, or was, more than one person.  If you look at his posting history, it is quite different now than 10 years ago.  Sounds like different people.  His posts from 2010/2011 sound like he's pretty young, much different than now.

If I had to guess, the Vintage of today is not the same person from 2010.  And he, or she, started working for the Canucks much later than 2010.  The Vintage of today is 100% a Vancouver Canucks employee.  Nobody could spend this much time on this forum without being paid.  He averages probably 50 posts per day plus all the research that goes into the posts.  He's not just replying to people.  He's posting relevant Canucks and NHL information daily...

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

For the sake of my dignity, please don't look at my 2010 posts (jk I don't care), but my posting has changed quite significantly over the years too. I was just 17 when I joined CDC, and despite how mature I felt at the time, I changed quite a bit over my years at CDC.

Yeah I agree. Sometimes people make very different paradigm shifts in the way they post. I know I've went though some pretty big conceptual shifts myself.

I remember first posting in 2007 after lurking for some time under a different account name. Someone finally said something I thought was so unbelievably silly I had to respond. I couldn't believe this poster named @Millerdraft I think called me out on my quick hot take and could dish it out in return even better than me. I did quickly come to realize there were a fair number of posters that followed the Canucks even more closely than I did. My posting style has changed and I noticed others have as well. @DownUndaCanuck is one guy I remember as being dramatically different.