The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

44 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

It'll be interesting for sure then.  Either way, I don't think he can bank on another fluke Djokovic elimination. He's going to have to start taking care of business himself.

It only takes one. Wawrinka was 0-12 against Nadal before he beat him in the Aussie Open 2014 Final

Denis Shapovalov beat Kyrgios lol.

Not to take anything away from Shapovalov (who played a great match), but Kyrgios again looked like he didn't give a sh*t out there. Honestly hope he never achieves anything with that attitude.

Edited by Brad Marchand

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:51 PM, Brad Marchand said:

Denis Shapovalov beat Kyrgios lol.

Not to take anything away from Shapovalov (who played a great match), but Kyrgios again looked like he didn't give a sh*t out there. Honestly hope he never achieves anything with that attitude.

I am no tennis buff but I watched a bit of Shapovalov vs. Dimitrov and that kid has a hell of a forehand.  Another lefty? Hope he can continue his growth and by his early 20's be a force.  Canadian Tennis is looking good.  Now soccer on the other hand...

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am no tennis buff but I watched a bit of Shapovalov vs. Dimitrov and that kid has a hell of a forehand.  Another lefty? Hope he can continue his growth and by his early 20's be a force.  Canadian Tennis is looking good.  Now soccer on the other hand...

Definitely. He looked like a player lacking in professional experience yesterday (a few unfocused points), but he already has world-class shot-making ability. A few years of development will hopefully go a long way. Same with FAA, he's going to be a stud.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

A bit lost in all this is Genie's win over Cibulkova. It's the best she's looked in a long time.

I was especially impressed that she was able to hold her nerve when facing all those break points. Definitely has her focus back.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A bit lost in all this is Genie's win over Cibulkova. It's the best she's looked in a long time.

That she was able to take her down as smoothly as she did really did remind me of her play 2 years ago.

2 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Del Potro does it again. Damn. Djokovic clearly heart broken. He wanted the gold in these olympics more than the world.

And on the other hand, Potro in tears of joy. Incredible.

That was epic.

Shoulda been the gold medal match - unbeatable quality

Murray showed the iron will and supreme fitness needed to win consecutive tennis golds. His first serve was almost non existent but he still found a way to win.

I felt sorry for Del Potro he may have taken a lot out of himself in the Nadal game but that is tennis, you constantly have to reset and go again.

The women's final was also epic.

• 2 weeks later...

Raonic out in Round 2 to Ryan Harrison 7-6, 5-7, 5-7, 1-6

Didn't see it, but based on twitter and other tennis forums, he took MTO's for his left wrist, and left thigh. Also had cramping in his legs and right hand. Looked very red during the match (possibly because of the humidity? Usually it's Pospisil who can't deal with the heat).