The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Pathetic, and their best player(at least the most expensive) Adnan had two horrendous turnovers including the Brown goal.  I love listening to MDS, but they didn't have to overhaul the entire team so quickly at the cost of sucking this bad.

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Pathetic, and their best player(at least the most expensive) Adnan had two horrendous turnovers including the Brown goal.  I love listening to MDS, but they didn't have to overhaul the entire team so quickly at the cost of sucking this bad.

Remember when we had Camillo?  The scored (what?) 23 goals, and led the league.  He deserved the million he was asking for, but we just let him walk.  Having a young, top notch striker is what we needed then, and still need now.  Our team makes money for the owners, so maybe that’s mostly what they care about? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

How else are they going to line their pockets?  And. suckers like the Southsiders continue to support this ownership by going to games.  I haven’t gone to a game in over a year & don’t plan to with these clowns.  Turned down free tickets multiple times in the meanwhile.  Operating a professional sports team on a Value Village budget.  No thanks. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Remember when we had Camillo?  The scored (what?) 23 goals, and led the league.  He deserved the million he was asking for, but we just let him walk.  Having a young, top notch striker is what we needed then, and still need now.  Our team makes money for the owners, so maybe that’s mostly what they care about? 

Wasn't following the team but I do remember him winning the golden boot here and wondering why he left.  

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Wasn't following the team but I do remember him winning the golden boot here and wondering why he left.  

IIRC, he was getting paid very little and thus he wanted a new contract.

Instead of opening contract negotiating... they rather just want him to play out the remaining year left on his contract.  

Camillo then just forced a trade and thus he was gone.  The Whitecaps has yet to remain a player of his calibre since (Montero did alright the first time around and I guess they did bring in Shea....)

It seems the Whitecaps always seems to be missing something.

When Camillo was around, good goaltending.... lack of strong defender and MF.  After Camillo gone... Morales arrived along with Waston.... no competent striker.  

After Morales declined and was gone... no elite playmaking MF.  

The Whitecaps now... ineffective strikers, MF not good enough, defense isn't as good as previous years, goaltending (we were spoiled when we had Ousted).  

This is reminding me of the Canucks John McCaw era of the early 2000's.  They had almost all the right pieces, except maybe missing a more stable goalie and maybe someone to play with the Sedins.  Instead of going out to free agency to get someone, the Canucks had an internal cap and thus didn't go further.  The WCE in their prime, Ohlund, Jovo, Linden was still decent, lots of good role players in May, Baron, Klatt.... =(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He left because we are stupid and cheap.  Goal scorers, especially is soccer, are extremely hard to find.  All he wanted was to be paid a fair wage.  I think it was 1 million/year.  Stupid Whitecaps let the top scorer in the league walk. 

• Upvote 1

It gets worse.

Having never represented his native Brazil, Camillo was considering playing for Canada, back in 2013. He hadn't yet attained full Canadian citizenship, which was a requirement before he could represent Canada, (you'll probably remember that Ghanian, Gershon Koffie went through the process around the same time) but he was giving the idea serious consideration:

"Vancouver is a good city, Canada is a beautiful country and if I get the opportunity I will decide with my family."

Unfortunately, the 'Caps' penny-pinching ways killed the hopes of both Vancouver and Canadian football fans.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It gets worse.

Having never represented his native Brazil, Camillo was considering playing for Canada, back in 2013. He hadn't yet attained full Canadian citizenship, which was a requirement before he could represent Canada, (you'll probably remember that Ghanian, Gershon Koffie went through the process around the same time) but he was giving the idea serious consideration:

Unfortunately, the 'Caps' penny-pinching ways killed the hopes of both Vancouver and Canadian football fans.

650 is talking Whitecaps right now.  They’re saying one of their reporters asked to talk with another representative of management other than the coach - DeSantos.  The reporter was denied.  Do you know who is the team’s GM?  What does Bobby do?  Why won’t he talk?  He used to. 

That extra bit about Camillo loving Vancouver and playing perhaps for Canada is really saddening.  Guys who love the city, love their jersey, and will play their hardest.  Some of our new players seem like they don’t care so much for the crest on the front, as they do the name on their back.  

Edited by Alflives

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

650 is talking Whitecaps right now.  They’re saying one of their reporters asked to talk with another representative of management other than the coach - DeSantos.  The reporter was denied.  Do you know who is the team’s GM?  What does Bobby do?  Why won’t he talk?  He used to. 

That extra bit about Camillo loving Vancouver and playing perhaps for Canada is really saddening.  Guys who love the city, love their jersey, and will play their hardest.  Some of our new players seem like they don’t care so much for the crest on the front, as they do the name on their back.  

Bobby (and his brothers) are part of Vancouver Sports Alumni Day at Hastings Racecourse this Sunday...I wonder how they will shield him there, as there is a meet and greet / autograph type of thing happening.....perhaps a last minute cancellation due to "illness" or "family emergency"??

5 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Bobby (and his brothers) are part of Vancouver Sports Alumni Day at Hastings Racecourse this Sunday...I wonder how they will shield him there, as there is a meet and greet / autograph type of thing happening.....perhaps a last minute cancellation due to "illness" or "family emergency"??

Are there legal issues (from those girls getting abused and that boy getting raped, and other internal corruption we haven’t heard about) making it so those guys who were here during those years are afraid to talk?  

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

But still surprised that they never criticize the Caps the same why they criticize the canucks and benning.  Have they called out for Bobs head yet ? probably because bobs there friend  

Yeah, it seems like a strangely chummy relationship. Then again maybe nobody really cares enough about the Whitecaps to really take them to task. They certainly don't seem to care much themselves.

Can you image if the Canucks came out and said "Yeah, we don't actually have a scouting department, but we're trying to hire someone so we can scout players next year." Jeeessuuuss.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

But still surprised that they never criticize the Caps the same why they criticize the canucks and benning.  Have they called out for Bobs head yet ? probably because bobs there friend 

Not that Bob hasn't been there too long as it is but there's only so much you can do with Melynk clones as the owners.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

12 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And to know that the Caps ownership group's net worth is not that far off of the Aquilini family's makes it even harder to swallow....

Such a shame imo...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

untill they get rid of bobby, and actually spend some money, im done in supporting this team, the southsiders are idiots who will keep supporting a loser team, no matter of the record, which is hilarious.....

the amount of money the owners have and from davies sell, and basically went to value village and bought there team, makes me vomit ...they coulda signed 1 or 2 high profile players, and who can actually score goals...now the whitecaps are like we beat the 2nd worse team, we ready to go, ahahaa yes 2nd worse team, and it was only a 2-1 score, Cincinnati has the worse def in the league, and we barely got 2 goals rofl

i refrained from posting here cause im so embarrassed of our team, i just wish MLS had relegation , as we would be demoted and that would force the owners to actually put some money in this team, to get back to the MLS.. :(

owell, premier league starts soon, so will move on till whitecaps spend money, the canucks spend money, and now look at em, they so close to making the playoffs and compete ....FFT

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Too cheap to compete.  This team will never be a contender with this ownership group. 

Worse than cheap.  Any player of value they somehow manage to stumble/unearth via blind luck will just be sold off for the lucrative transfer fees & the owners will just pocket the cash.  Why support a team that continually does that?  Matters little who is the President/GM.  The stink starts at the top. 

• Cheers 1