The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Former KC Chief, NY Jet Running Back, Returner Joe McKnight was shot and killed today.

Former USC Trojans and New York Jets running back Joe McKnight was shot to death Thursday in Terrytown, Louisiana, following an argument at an intersection, according to the Times-Picayune's Jonathan Bullington.

Family members reportedly identified McKnight after arriving at the scene. He was 28 years old.

According to Bullington, a witness said the shooter—who has not been identified—approached McKnight and said, "I told you, don't you f--k with me."

Arizona Cardinals defensive back and New Orleans native Tyrann Mathieu posted a message on Twitter after the news broke:

Damn RIP Joe McKnight. Killed in his own city, #504Boys4Life

An electric athlete that never really reached his full potential, both in college and in the pro game.

RIP

He got picked up by the Riders this season, he played really great. I thought he could be great for us, he  had over come  a lot of injuries to get back playing. Also one Rider tweeted how he talking about staying in Regina because it was so calm. :(

RIP.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Okay, so it wasn't the prettiest Thursday Night football game that any of us have ever watched.  But a win is a win and Dallas is 11-1.

The Dallas offense was not nearly as dynamic against the Minnesota defense. Only 139 yards by Dak and only 86 yards on 20 carries for Ezekiel.

If there was one weakness on the Cowboys it would be their defense, but it was good against an anemic offense tonight.

5 minutes ago, c00kies said:

The Dallas offense was not nearly as dynamic against the Minnesota defense. Only 139 yards by Dak and only 86 yards on 20 carries for Ezekiel.

If there was one weakness on the Cowboys it would be their defense, but it was good against an anemic offense tonight.

Yep, they lucked out in playing an off game against a so-so team.  

And there are so many so-so teams in the league this year, or so it seems.

This is why, although I'm glad the Boys are 11-1, I'm still not sure how good they really are.  Who have they really beaten?  A bunch of so-so teams.

Right now, I see the NFL in three groups -  the Patriots, a bunch of above-average teams led by the Cowboys, and a bunch of poor teams.

But still, Dallas is 11-1 so I guess I should just sit back and enjoy it. 

Just now, UnkNuk said:

Yep, they lucked out in playing an off game against a so-so team.  

And there are so many so-so teams in the league this year, or so it seems.

This is why, although I'm glad the Boys are 11-1, I'm still not sure how good they really are.  Who have they really beaten?  A bunch of so-so teams.

Right now, I see the NFL in three groups -  the Patriots, a bunch of above-average teams led by the Cowboys, and a bunch of poor teams.

But still, Dallas is 11-1 so I guess I should just sit back and enjoy it. 

And the Patriots took a big hit with the loss of Gronk.

This is a valuable opportunity for Dallas and Oakland to try to win this year, with no traditional dominant teams.

I almost wonder if Bennett was signed knowing Gronk would go down at some point. Bennett is as tall, as big, and pretty fast where they could run the same single TE scheme they ran with just Gronk the last few years. Of course, he's no Gronk, no one is, but I don't see the offense changing as much as it had to when we went from Gronk to Hoomanawanui being our #1 TE lol.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I almost wonder if Bennett was signed knowing Gronk would go down at some point. Bennett is as tall, as big, and pretty fast where they could run the same single TE scheme they ran with just Gronk the last few years. Of course, he's no Gronk, no one is, but I don't see the offense changing as much as it had to when we went from Gronk to Hoomanawanui being our #1 TE lol.

Probably but I thought Belichik was going to recreate his two prolific TE scheme he had going with Gronk and Hernandez.  Either way it's a another in a long list of impressive roster decisions. 

Right now, sure locks to battle for the Super Bowl are Dallas, Oakland, Seattle, New England, Kansas City, New York Giants. Unless some sub .500 teams come out of the blue, these teams look to be frontrunners for one of biggest trophies in sports history. As most of you know, I'm a Seahawks fan and they looked to have had an off week last week vs Bucs. It will be interesting how they approach the team that stopped them from entering the Super Bowl last season. Panthers aren't the team they were last season. This should a game to look forward to

Edited by Beary Sweet

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Right now, sure locks to battle for the Super Bowl are Dallas, Oakland, Seattle, New England, Kansas City, New York Giants. Unless some sub .500 teams come out of the blue, these teams look to be frontrunners for one of biggest trophies in sports history. As most of you know, I'm a Seahawks fan and they looked to have had an off week last week vs Bucs. It will be interesting how they approach the team that stopped them from entering the Super Bowl last season. Panthers aren't the team they were last season. This should a game to look forward to

Why not just pick all 12 playoff teams as locks to battle for the Super Bowl?

:lol:

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I just have a feeling deep down we'll be having Patriots-Giants round 3.