The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Teddy's a Panther isn't he?

Honestly, not really. You could bring in Glennon and see if he's more up than down, but unless they trade for Newton, there's no one that will make an immediate difference.

We do have 12 draft picks, including 4 in the first 3 rounds, so who knows. Should be interesting though.

Would love to draft Jordan Love - he's got all the raw skill and BB and McD can help with the IQ.

Also love Jake Fromm. Guy is all character.

Newton is not a fit in NE whatsoever, Josh McDaniels offence needs accuracy and timing, none of which Cam has, he's always late in his throws and he sailing them 3/4 of the time. Dalton might be a decent fit, or heaven forbid LOL Nick Foles

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Jameis Winston to New England just to give BB a coronary? 

I’d love to see JW take over from Brady.  Kid has a lot of talent, and just needs better coaching.  It would be too funny to see JW take that job, and do great.  

8 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Newton is not a fit in NE whatsoever, Josh McDaniels offence needs accuracy and timing, none of which Cam has, he's always late in his throws and he sailing them 3/4 of the time. Dalton might be a decent fit, or heaven forbid LOL Nick Foles

I agree Newton isn't a fit - he's just really the only "game changer" out there (though not always changing the game in a good way).

Would much rather go the draft route and let a couple guys battle it out in TC.

Accepting tips on how to hate Brady lol.

I laughed at all the clips from Boston radio, holy bandwagoners Batman.  He should just retire tbh, don't hate the guy but like Gronk don't give a dam about him unless they're on the Pats. Looking forward to a new era - Pats to lead the league in rushing next yearB).

WTF is Bill O'Brien thinking?  'World going to end to I'll make some horrid moves....'   Clowney and Hopkins gone and no 1st rounders to show for it.  

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Nick Foles is a Bear, which is a great fit for him because he has two familiar faces from his successful time in Philly with him. I think he'll succeed in whatever role there.

21 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Honestly, not really. You could bring in Glennon and see if he's more up than down, but unless they trade for Newton, there's no one that will make an immediate difference.

We do have 12 draft picks, including 4 in the first 3 rounds, so who knows. Should be interesting though.

Would love to draft Jordan Love - he's got all the raw skill and BB and McD can help with the IQ.

Totally agree on Fromm. I watched a few Georgia games last season and he always looked composed in the pocket. I was surprised to see that the "experts" believe his stock has fallen so far that he's not even a first rounder anymore.

I think he's definitely worth the gamble, if you're picking late in the round and you need a QB.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Totally agree on Fromm. I watched a few Georgia games last season and he always looked composed in the pocket. I was surprised to see that the "experts" believe his stock has fallen so far that he's not even a first rounder anymore.

I think he's definitely worth the gamble, if you're picking late in the round and you need a QB.

Wasn’t Brady a later round pick?  Maybe Billicheck thinks he can do that again? 

On 3/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

When I saw him at the O’Hare airport, he looked like Gumby with a very long neck.

He played worse than he looked.

14 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I agree Newton isn't a fit - he's just really the only "game changer" out there (though not always changing the game in a good way).

Would much rather go the draft route and let a couple guys battle it out in TC.

Of course, I dunno if the guy being drafted is gonna make an impact ASAP but Stidham isn't horrible, he might be decent. Too bad that Taysom Hill has a high tender on him, THAT guy would be intresting to watch in NE. Actually Andy Dalton, with a decent line is a more than capable stop gap. The problem with Cam is when you need a throw, 3rd and 5, 3rd and 8, the guy can't make wide open throws. I watched 75% of his snaps last year when he was healthy, my gosh, he was missing wide open guys by a lot. His accuracy wasn't that good to begin with, and its absolutely more atrocious now. He also needs big WRs to make up for his accuracy issues and you already now that NE doesn't have them

• Cheers 1