The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Sharks-Canucks

Apricot

I don't understand how people can continue to defend AV. Issues that have been brought up surrounding him aren't new, this is just yet another reminder that there are problems.

- We fold like a cheap tent every time we face adversity, we have seen it time and time and time again going back throughout the years.

- We fail to make necessary changes to the PP, exc.

- AV continues to give Bieksa and others time when they play terrible, yet never rewards Ballard and Tanev with more minutes over those guys whenever they are playing miles better than the others.

- Seems like every 2nd, or 3rd or 4th game we fail to show up, he fails to get us mentally prepared.

AV just isn't cutting it, these things aren't new, this isn't just new this year, these things go back to last year and even beyond with some things.

To all of you who said "It's not Schneider's fault" I would bet that at least half of you would be changing that around if Lu were in net. Let's face facts, Cory wasnt the ONLY reason we lost tonight, but he was one of them. He was less than stellar, to say the least.

However, the team did him no favours by going 0/7 on the power play, hitting the post a half dozen times and with all the giveaways.

Canucks always have a slow start and now this year, even more rust. Sharks top line and other players were playing in Europe during the lockout. Canucks are playing without a second line. Canucks hit 5 posts....the game wasn't as bad as the score.

Next week will look a whole lot better. We don't have to fire the coach and gm or dump on all the players.

Even with Kesler and Booth this is purely a non contending team. Can't score and can't play D. Reminds me of the one line offense in the nonis years. Too easy to shutdown. oh and the dreadful PP- hasn't been fixed since Boston finals... When is it time for a coaching change?

Interestingly the Canucks least worries was goaltending...

I hate trying to sift through these GDT PGT but some dude keeps complaining in the other threads like we're running out of space on the internet, so here goes.

While I would also like to see in-game adjustments made more often by the coach, these guys have had one week of training camp and crap all for practice. This isn't a static game like football with a book full of set plays. Hockey is far too dynamic to think in those terms. The PP tonight had chances that simply didn't result in goals.

Schneider played well but didn't steal the game. Luongo had nothing to do with tonights game. Get off your soapbox.

The top 4 D played poorly. Ballard and Tanev played well but do not fool yourselves into thinking they deserve more minutes than the top 4; they play bottom 6 minutes well because they are bottom 6 minutes. The coaches are right to not pressure them into situations they aren't yet ready to handle. Ballard and Tanev are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Only about half the forwards played well; Burrows, Raymond, Hansen all had decent games.

The team looks about like I'd expect them to look at this stage of this particular year.

Sometimes it seems like our fans fail to realize there is another team on the ice in opposition to ours.

Even with Kesler and Booth this is purely a non contending team. Can't score and can't play D. Reminds me of the one line offense in the nonis years. Too easy to shutdown. oh and the dreadful PP- hasn't been fixed since Boston finals... When is it time for a coaching change?

Interestingly the Canucks least worries was goaltending...

Another glaringly obvious flaw with this team; depth at center. With either Kesler or Henrik out, we're in trouble. Lets remove Kesler from that list as he's not even playing, obviously.

Henrik

Burrows (not even a center LOL)

Schroeder (less than half a dozen games of NHL experience. And obviously not a blue chipper either)

Lapierre

Malhotra (with his one eye)

Ebbett (Not a regular NHL'er)

.... Ouch.

Edler,.....just because you are classed as an 'offensive dman', that does not mean that you don't have to play defense.....your game tonight was really offensive.

The Sedin's..........where is the offense?

Lapierre......We have possession of the puck in their end and you push their player into the net and dislodge it? Smart move and a penalty that resulted in another goal against.

The PP stunk up the joint and the PK was mediocre.

Right now, we look like a team playing for a better draft position. Anyone banking on Kesler and Booth instantly turning this team around are dreaming.

Once again, tonights game showed that we do not have enough size. Getting Kassian and Volpatti has made us tougher but we still are too small up front.

This is a strong post/summary, agree strongly. Too many teams have guys dropping like flies(yest. Hornquist), yet they'll hang in; while we wail about 2 injuries. A good, deep team uses these times to assess other parts, & give other players greater opportunities.

We do NEED more size/bite for these kinds of teams, as well. Last year guys like Weise were trying to jump in as instant-policemen. One or two of our tougher players get hurt, & that's what we'll be replaying.

Not sure would anyone would get off putting anythiung but praise on Schneider.. If it wasn't for him it would have been 5-0 after the first. He made some incredible saves and the ones that went in, he had no chance on. They came out flat against a team running on all cyclinders. After the first push, I thought they settled down and made a game of it until the third. Considering the injury holes in the lineup, I thought they played ok against a big, physical team playing great hockey atm.

It's funny how some people are trying to compare the Canucks play tonight to how they played in the blow outs against Boston in the playoffs :picard: The defense infront of Luo in those games in Boston where much better than this game against SJ.

Hamhuis is playing his worst hockey I have ever seen him play including his junior play. Having Hamhuis play the way he can makes a huge difference in the way the Canucks play.

Edler had one of his worst games in his career and Garrison is struggling to find his game.

Beiska is lost without Hamhuis playing well.

So far only Ballard and Tanev have been playing solid consistent hockey on the back end.

Sedins where off against SJ and it effected the whole team .

Cory first game was terrible as was the whole team, but his other games he has been very good including the SJ game.

There is more bad and some good to write about, but I think the main problems are the above.

You guys have to look at the Hansen crosscheck on the zebra - I wish is was O'hallaran (very beginning of clip). Freekin hilarious! There was no one else around, clearly it was not a mistake :) Don't mess with honey-badger.

Also, look at Bieksa just shaking his head at Eager, I mean Clowe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgbqMmoInoo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m15s

I think this was just an unlucky game which was compounded further by the piss poor defense.

Anyone who faults Schneider for this loss must be high as a kite or just simply didn't watch the game. I wont use the "we couldn't score" excuse, but when your own defensemen are giftwrapping chances in the slot for the opposing team and are literally playing the whole game as if they were drunk, there is only so many golden opportunities a goalie can stop.

I dont think Luongo would've fared any better in this game and without Cory's play I think we could've quite easily lost 6-1 or worse.

I'm not too worried.

1/3 of our top-6 is out.

One of which is arguably our most important player.

(For comparisons sake...Take Carter, Richards off LA, Take Malkin, Neal/Crosby,Kunitz off Pens or

Sharp, Hossa off the Hawks.)

Kassian is going to be inconsistent.

Our team looks slow and rusty out there.

TBH. I'm more worried about our top-4 D, taking so long to get it together.

Give Ballard-Tanev more minutes.

Archived