The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Probably.

He's a pending UFA and from the sounds of it Florida will not re-sign him. And now they're not even playing him, so it's likely a trade is already in the works.

I would say it would cost us either a 1st round pick or a 2nd round pick and a prospect like Sweatt or Rodin.

If we could acquire Campbell, we do it and worry about his cap hit later. He's exactly what we need on the back end to get our offense and powerplay to an elite level again.

Unfortunately Campbel probably won't waive his no trade clause, and Tallon likely doesn't want to trad him.

If was me I'd trade

Luo+Raymond and a 3rd & 5th rounder next year

for

Weiss,Theodore, Bjugstad,1st

that's a fair trade if not theodore then thier besy minor goalie cause we will need a back up!!

We could then have 3 scoring lines and good D men plus an awesome goalie!!!Anything less would not be worth the trade!

trade 1...

edler, booth, gaunce, 2nd

for

o'reilly, mcginn, elliott

trade2....

luongo, ballard

for

campbell, petrovic, matthias, clemmensen, 1st

sedin sedin burrows

mcginn o'reilly kassian

higgins kesler hansen

lapierre matthias weise

hamhuis bieksa

campbell tanev

garrison elliott/petrovic/alberts/barker/vandermeer

Weiss is a great player and on a cheap contract for what he can produce. If he's available for a relatively cheap mg should jump all over it. Every other gm would at least. Plus he plays more like a Center than Kesler does. He's a playmaker, and uses his wingers to make plays. Booth-Weiss-Kassian would have the potential to be great.

If Weiss can be acquired for cheap I don't see why we wouldn't do it. If he is a former Carolina Hurricane would you guys care? Yes we have quite a few florida players but that should have no bearing on a potential trade. If he can step in an improve the offense (and defense) why the hell not. He's playing for a coach who hates him which should be considered before writing him of as washed up

No more Florida players. So far anything we've gotten from Florida has been a bust. I was glad to see Booth come here but now ... I wonder if it's the players or the coach not knowing how to use these guys. I'm thinking the later. AV is stale.

Weiss is a great player and on a cheap contract for what he can produce. If he's available for a relatively cheap mg should jump all over it. Every other gm would at least. Plus he plays more like a Center than Kesler does. He's a playmaker, and uses his wingers to make plays. Booth-Weiss-Kassian would have the potential to be great.

Archived